PDA

View Full Version : Pulmonary embolism

Ihavelostmymarbles
02-03-17, 21:44
I have the worst pain in my upper back right now. It hurts so much and I feel like someone is literally crushing my back. I am so concerned that it's a pulmonary embolism and that I need to go to the ER right now. Idk what to do. I'm scared out of my mind because stories online said they had back pain too. Now I'm feeling short of breath.

I ate a chocolate ice cream cone and then the pain started. I want the pain to stop!

ServerError
02-03-17, 21:58
Take paracetamol, or your OTC pain med of choice. Wait an hour or so. Et voila.

Fishmanpa
02-03-17, 21:58
Chocolate is a know instigator of reflux. It could also be muscular. IMO, if it were that bad, you wouldn't be here posting about it and waiting for replies.

Hope you feel better soon!

Positive thoughts

Ihavelostmymarbles
02-03-17, 22:20
You can feel reflux pain in your back? I guess that's better than feeling it in the chest.

This is the second time I've eaten chocolate with a bad reaction. The first time I got horrible stomach pain. It's not worth is anymore if that's he problem.

Kay8010
02-03-17, 22:39
Ive had two PE's and the pain you describe is nothing like a PE however I have the same crushing upper back pain as you though for a few weeks, im off to the Dr tomorrow as it literally feels like something is crushing my upper back and pushing from the sides of my chest squeezing me.

Ihavelostmymarbles
02-03-17, 23:13
Yes, it's horrible pain. I'm hoping it's not cardiac related, but I'll find that out tomorrow when I ask the cardiologist.

Kay8010
02-03-17, 23:18
Ill see what my GP says. I dont wake with it it happens gradually through the day and its gone for a few days then back again. When i eat it feels the food is stuck by my breastbone and radiating to my back then the crushing pain starts.

Ihavelostmymarbles
02-03-17, 23:39
Mine happened right after I ate chocolate. I've honestly been having abdominal pain for a long time, but the tests have never shown anything. I think it's usually just elevated liver enzymes, but really not by much at all. I guess we'll see if things have changed for me soon.