PDA

View Full Version : I messed up and googled...urinary issues

dudenp22
03-03-17, 00:01
So I recently got a bad case of food poisoning and was very dehydrated. Whenever I get an actual sickness my health anxiety seems to want to play as well. So while rehydrating after all the fluids left my body I was worrying about damage to my kidneys/bladder. I was fine for a day then noticed I had the urge to pee even after going (could have been anything) and ever since I haven't been able to shake the feeling of having a slightly full bladder and ended up googling myself into an Insterstitial Cystitis diagnosis. I went to the Dr and was tested for UTI and STDs TWICE, all negative. I know that realistically I am not in the .0001% of 30 y/o males to have a chronic bladder disease but I just cannot seem to turn the corner after a week and a half of constant anxiety. Sorry to ramble but I needed to get this off my chest and hopefully have someone tell me I'm on the right track. Thanks

montys
03-03-17, 08:18
Is the urge to pee persistent or was it only for that one day?

The thing about chronic health problems is that they're chronic. If the symptom comes and goes, or is not immediately noticeable when you take your mind off of it, then it's probably nothing to worry about.

The fact that people have a greater urge to pee when peeing is on their mind is a standard comedy trope at this point; try to focus on something else and see if it doesn't go away on its own. Or maybe you're just drinking too much coffee ;)