PDA

View Full Version : It is like a switch being flipped

Hears The Water
25-10-04, 19:40
Hi y'all. I am trying to rationalize this out. I have been having a pretty good day so far, and then bam! It is like someone just flipped a switch in my head. It was almost an audible pop! One minute I am fine and the next I am all spacey and movement bothers me immensly and I feel scared. This happend to me Sat. night and I freaked out. I came here to the chat room and Emily talked me out of my tree by distracting me. So I am proud that this time I am not freaking out per se, but I am hacked off! I don't understand why it would be like this! I assume that this is the "de-personaliation" y'all have mentioned before, but do we know why this happens? I am questioning my blood sugar, my breathing, the weather even if I am having a bout of my Benign Positional Vertigo as it gets worse when I move my head into a new position. It is a cloudy day here right now and there is a low pressure system and my kids are fighing. I finally gave up on the "book learning" part of our school day and just turned them loose with art projects as they are being pretty squirrely today too. *sigh* I just wish it would be over with. When I feel like this, all I can think of is all the stuff I need to do and how it just seems like it cannot do any of it. And I hate the panicy feeling I am having. I allways end up crying and I don't like to cry because I feel like I will never stop. Any help would be very much appreceated!
God bless you and yours
Debbie

nomorepanic
25-10-04, 20:09
Hi Debbie

Sorry to hear you had a bad day.

Mr Panic comes from nowhere and hits us like that to remind us that we are not cured.

Having a good cry will really help as it releases all that tension and always makes you feel better afterwards. (Meg will tell you what it releases in the body as I can't remember!).

Sometimes it helps to go back to basics and start again. Try re-reading some posts on here or some articles on the website and let it affirm those thoughts that you can and will get over this.

Chin up and I am pleased that Em was in the chat room to cheer you up the other day.

Big hug to you
xx

Nicola

Hears The Water
25-10-04, 20:43
Thank you Nicola, for the reassurance. Just now I had another, different kind of "episode". These are just as scary for me. I was looking off to the left and I had what I call a "dipsey-doo". (for lack of an official term) When these happen, it is like the air around me gets thick and the world kind of tilts on it's axis a tiny bit. My body immedieatley panic's and I have a rush of fear and adrynaline (sp?) Man, I hate these. How come I can have two different kinds of things happeing in the same day? Are they from the same cause? The dipsey-doo's have been happening for years but the one I described in the first post is a fairly recent occurance. Just in the last 6 months or so. Is there any connection to breathing wrong? Any input would help as I was just getting over being scared from the first thing and thinking that I could get up and go out and do some running around, but now I am super scared and just want to stay home. I have had one of these things when driving and a couple when I was away from home and those scare me worse than anyting!!! These are the times when I just want to curl up into a ball. :(
God bless you and yours
Debbie

seh1980
25-10-04, 23:57
hello Debbie,

I often get different types of panic on the same day like you seem to have done today. It always seem to all come at once with me. The best thing to do is to try not to worry about it. Chances are that if you had a bad day today, you will have a good one tomorrow! Take care.

Sarah :D