PDA

View Full Version : Having a meltdown - please help

louise0501
03-03-17, 09:31
Hi there. Im getting very anxious and starting to feel a tad sick. This morning while brushing my 3 year olds sons teeth, he was riggling so much and i accidently scratched his face and i feel terrible and i just dropped him off at nursery and straight away they asked how he did it and i just said i didnt know because i was to embarrassed and worried what they might say. I feel so anious now and panicky that my son might say it was me and they will say something when i pick him up.

Any advice?

Love Louise xxxxxxxxxx

Sylver1975
03-03-17, 10:04
Hi Louise,

Try not to worry. What happened was an accident, plain and simple. And it's only a scratch, it's not like you've sent him off covered in bruises. I'm sure the nursery staff only asked out of curiosity and not because they're trying to catch you out on doing something wrong.

Try to do some breathing exercises, breathe in for a count of 4, hold for 4, release the breath for 4. It will help your body to calm down some.

x
Sylver

WiredIncorrectly
03-03-17, 10:05
Hey Louise.

Don't worry about it, honestly. My son has walked into lamposts, fell off his scooter, and went into school looking like he just done a round with Mike Tyson. I accidentally elbowed him in his face once when playing and he had a nasty bruise on his eye when he was 8.

Kids will be kids.

To be honest I'd have just told the school you done it by accident whilst helping him brush his teeth. If your son does mention it, and they ask you, it will look odd that you didn't mention it at first. But, even still that's nothing to worry about. These things happen and like the above poster said, they are not trying to catch you out.

louise0501
03-03-17, 10:25
Yeah wish i said i just did it by accident but just in my anxious state just came out with i dont know which looks worse now.

Thanks for the calming words. Really appreciate it.

Louise