PDA

View Full Version : I managed the barium test!

Clydesdale Epona
03-03-17, 11:08
I'm still not in the clear yet anxiety wise as still have huge fear of allergic reaction but overall the test went okay, fear took over and I didn't manage the marshmallow but I did drink all the liquid and coped pretty okay x

All the best :hugs:

Katy_o
03-03-17, 12:18
MASSIVE WELL DONE YOU! Seriously, to fight through your anxiety, no matter what it is over is a huge achievement. I'm really pleased for you :-) Good job x

Bigboyuk
03-03-17, 13:48
Excellent news I had a barium meal once the taste wasn't very nice but yes pretty straight forward well done :) Cheers

Clydesdale Epona
03-03-17, 14:57
Thank you both! i felt sorry for them when it came to solids as i new full well i wasn't going to eat anything and it caused them a little bit of grief but they just skipped that part out and carried on,
i defo would of have chickened out if i didn't get lost when i first arrived haha, i barely had 2 minutes alone before they called me in! my partner saved my life with a hot chocolate when i got out(okay they kinda bribed me :roflmao:)
just sipping on water and waiting for the chronic constipation to start(such fun lol) just gotta wait on the results now x

Clydesdale Epona
06-03-17, 15:12
Update!

-TMI-

I'm actually pleasantly surprised that it has been 3 days since the test and I haven't even had horrible constipation or white stools.
I'm starting to see the initial panic was about nothing really :roflmao: x

Bigboyuk
06-03-17, 16:36
Update!

-TMI-

I'm actually pleasantly surprised that it has been 3 days since the test and I haven't even had horrible constipation or white stools.
I'm starting to see the initial panic was about nothing really :roflmao: x

All the best :hugs: That's good news Aid :) Exactly and hopefully it's something you can work on a goal for you :) ATB Cheers

insideout20
09-03-17, 14:03
hi aiden did they not give you the results there and then ?

Lukas
09-03-17, 15:49
Woohoo! I can't take all the credit for the hot chocolate though :winks:
you would of done it even if you didn't have one :roflmao:

---------- Post added at 15:49 ---------- Previous post was at 15:46 ----------

hi aiden did they not give you the results there and then ?

I'm not sure if it works differently in the US to the UK or not but he did tell us he wasn't too concerned from what he could see but told us to wait a week before calling our doctor about the results which I presume is because they weren't really concerned :huh: especially considering Aiden's age, weight, risk factors ect. x

insideout20
09-03-17, 16:35
ok that's good I would like to know and pray for a positive outcome for you

Clydesdale Epona
09-03-17, 17:35
ok that's good I would like to know and pray for a positive outcome for you

Thanks it means a lot :)
They said wait 7-10 days before ringing up the doctors, my GP weren't too concerned as I'm too young to have any narrowing ect, he thinks its just down to LPR x

insideout20
09-03-17, 21:59
ok that's good. I will be due soon.all my issues are all down the right side. food stuck. a bur ing feeling when running. post nasal drip.drip . and I use a vape machine and when I smoke it I immediately get lots of mucous down that right side I have to keep.swallowing all the time and coughing. all down this one side

Clydesdale Epona
09-03-17, 22:18
ok that's good. I will be due soon.all my issues are all down the right side. food stuck. a bur ing feeling when running. post nasal drip.drip . and I use a vape machine and when I smoke it I immediately get lots of mucous down that right side I have to keep.swallowing all the time and coughing. all down this one side

i hope yours goes well! :hugs:
i had the exact same symptoms, they kind of came on out of nowhere but coincidentally the same time i started having terrible anxiety so my GP thinks its linked x

insideout20
10-03-17, 08:14
I know it's horrible. did you have trouble with a chronic blocked nose on and off ? the doc is testing me for asthma but when I have these attacks of feeling a tight chest and breathlessness my peak flow reading never changes so he said it's not an asthma attack

just out of nowhere I will feel my chest tighten and feel like I can't breath but my heart doesn't rave like in a panic attack and my peak flow reading doesn't change so I'm really at a loss to what it is

Clydesdale Epona
10-03-17, 11:07
I know it's horrible. did you have trouble with a chronic blocked nose on and off ? the doc is testing me for asthma but when I have these attacks of feeling a tight chest and breathlessness my peak flow reading never changes so he said it's not an asthma attack

just out of nowhere I will feel my chest tighten and feel like I can't breath but my heart doesn't rave like in a panic attack and my peak flow reading doesn't change so I'm really at a loss to what it is

I believe the chronic blocked nose on and off is likely post nasal drip and the chest sounds like it could be just anxiety as I get that too x

insideout20
10-03-17, 12:22
hi, whats the best way to treat this ? I have had this drip for about 2 years and nasal sprays don't seem to help

I have gerd also