PDA

View Full Version : Intrusive thoughts please need advise

tricia56
03-03-17, 13:12
Hi I'm not sure ware to post this but these intrusive thoughts are realy worring me as I keep getting them especialy when I start worring about something that I've done and feel I shouldn't of done that or if I have a problem I have I start to worrie about it and wat if I get introuble or wat if I can't find the money to pay a dept I have I start really worring over it like ware am I going to get the money to pay it or wat if I can't pay the dept and strait away I get a the thought in my head kill yourself as I don't want to do anything like that at all as sucrose scares the life out of but it is really scarring me as I don't know why I get them as I start worring why did I get that t can the thought make me do that is there something seriously mently wrong with me as I got the thought yesterday over a debt I have . Sorry for posting but maybe someone on here can reasure me that it's just the anxiety that is causeing these thoughts and maybe have some insight as to why I get them .

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 ----------

Anyone ?

clarisse
03-03-17, 18:48
Hi Tricia,I've had these thoughts myself many moons ago.Please try not to worry so much about them, as they are just intrusive thoughts caused an Anxious state of mind. Instead of feeling frightened of them learn to just accept them. Fighting and fearing them will only make them linger for longer.
Please have a look at this link,it explains it more and shows you how to rid yourself of them.

http://www.sound-mind.org/obsessive-thinking.html#.WLm4TNSLSt8[/EMAIL]

montys
04-03-17, 05:37
Hey Tricia,

The feelings you're experiencing are definitely a product of your anxiety.

It looks like you've been posting here for a few years now. Have you been talking to someone about your anxiety, like a health professional or a support group? Have you been doing anxiety-reducing daily activities like meditating and exercising?

Stuff like this won't solve real life concerns like debt, but they'll prevent these thoughts from becoming as intrusive and frustrating.

tricia56
04-03-17, 10:52
Thk u both for replying back.montys I have been posting a long time on here iand I'm now getting suport from a care/co-ordinater from the mental health and I see my gp once a week while I'm waiting for therapy which I've been waiting now for a yr. I don't do any exercise as I do suffer with lower back problems I only walk to shop everyday I do breathing and deep muscle relaxation everyday.

---------- Post added at 10:52 ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 ----------

Hi Tricia,I've had these thoughts myself many moons ago.Please try not to worry so much about them, as they are just intrusive thoughts caused an Anxious state of mind. Instead of feeling frightened of them learn to just accept them. Fighting and fearing them will only make them linger for longer.
Please have a look at this link,it explains it more and shows you how to rid yourself of them.

http://www.sound-mind.org/obsessive-thinking.html#.WLm4TNSLSt8[/EMAIL]

Thk you clarisse for getting back to me I will look at the link you gave me so thk u x

Wishitwouldstop
04-03-17, 22:35
I was told you are not your thoughts. We cant help what we think it just happens. For example when some says dont think of a pink elephant you think of it. Xx

montys
05-03-17, 00:51
Thk u both for replying back.montys I have been posting a long time on here iand I'm now getting suport from a care/co-ordinater from the mental health and I see my gp once a week while I'm waiting for therapy which I've been waiting now for a yr. I don't do any exercise as I do suffer with lower back problems I only walk to shop everyday I do breathing and deep muscle relaxation everyday.

I've heard about the long waiting lists for therapy in the UK, and I find that very unfortunate. I hope you can get into therapy soon, because he/she should be able to help you cope with these negative thoughts. Until then, maybe some CBT-related self-help literature can help? I personally haven't tried it, but there are a lot of books and articles online that teach you how to reframe your thought patterns.