PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Symptoms Help. Reassurance needed.

domril26
03-03-17, 17:20
Hello all, new to this forum and I'm seeking some reassurance about symptoms of anxiety / health anxiety.

So a brief history would be that at the end of last year I believe the anxiety of moving to a new place, and waiting on the visa confirmation of my wife (we moved to the US from the U.K.) led to me developing booting and GERD. Because I'd never suffered this and it became chronic I became more stressed about my health and started losing sleep over it from around the beginning of December last year.

Then when returning to the U.K. On Boxing Day I was told by my parents that my Dad had been diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease which was a massive blow for our family and myself, that led me to feel depressed and continue losing sleep in addition to jet lag. This continued until the end of January. More symptoms began appearing such as numbness in my extremities, prickling sensation in my hands and feet and across my body. I had sharp pains in my face, tension so bad in my neck I couldnt rest my head on a pillow properly. Spasms started appearing all over my body as well as a general brain fog that still persists occasionally today with headaches. Furthermore floaters have appeared in my vision and my vision is generally a little more blurry than before.

All of this I realize is anxiety related. I've had many blood tests, an endoscopy to rule out the GERD and everything has come out negative. An eye exam also came out negative and my eyes are good.

All of my muscles feel fine, despite a lot of spasming going on on the daily.

However I've lost weight in strange areas, such as my hands, glutes (I can feel wooden chairs touching my bones when I sit on them) and even my feet.I'm having trouble walking on my feet barefoot, and walking for long periods of time as well as standing that's causing me pain. I'm going to see a podiatrist on Monday about this but reading up on symptoms suggests the fat pad at the bottom of my feet has depleted somewhat.

Has anyone else suffered these symptoms and have a good recovery? Really seeking positives at the moment? These symptoms have persisted for months. I really need some supportive words.

Clydesdale Epona
03-03-17, 19:38
I'm not sure my feet problem is the same as yours but i feel your pain.
a lot of it sounds like its anxiety related, you'd be surprised how real anxiety can make things feel x

All the best :hugs;

domril26
03-03-17, 21:15
Yeah, I'm certain 99% of it is. What problems have you been having?

montys
04-03-17, 05:52
Except for the weight loss, I've had all of these symptoms at some point, yes. And the weight loss would make sense if your appetite hasn't been as strong lately.

All of the tests came back negative, and it's important that you accept this diagnosis and move on. Degenerative diseases are really hard on families, but it's important that as you take care of your family you're also taking care of yourself. Take time to exercise, eat well, and practice mindfulness whenever you can. These small steps go a long way to feeling a little bit better every day.

This is clearly a trying time for you but you are doing absolutely amazing given your circumstances. :) Best of luck