PDA

View Full Version : Stomach discomfort due to not eating enough?

rainbow
04-03-17, 10:34
Since my anxiety started 6 months ago I've been earth very little, under 900 calories a day. I always seem to have some discomfort in my stomach, gassiness and rumbling. I tend to eat a small breakfast about 9.30/10 and then don't usually eat again until about 5.30/6.

I know this isn't healthy but I really struggle to eat because of the anxiety.

---------- Post added at 10:34 ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 ----------

*eating!

KeeKee
04-03-17, 10:46
Sounds like hunger pains. Could you not maybe add a few cups of milky tea during the day, that'll help a little.

Clydesdale Epona
04-03-17, 12:25
This definitely sounds like not eating enough, I know how hard it is as I've been there and still am myself.
Try having some warm cups of milk to fill/bulk you up a little more, you could also try stuff like readybrek as its really fine porridge its not harsh on your stomach, also wr get protein shakes here and I'm not sure if you have the exact kind but its always worth looking as one of those is great at bulking the calories up, and also try horlicks as it has vitamins in it x

All the best :hugs:

paranoid-viking
04-03-17, 12:28
Yes, eating irregularily causes stomach discomfort. But not only that; it also happens when you dont eat right; like not getting the right combinations of vitamins and such.

Sounds like you hit a vicious circle and you need to talk to someone about it.

rainbow
04-03-17, 13:16
Thanks for the replies,

I've been referred to cbt, could be a long wait though.

Fishmanpa
04-03-17, 13:47
Thanks for the replies,

I've been referred to cbt, could be a long wait though.

Have you downloaded and begun working on any of the online CBT workbooks and course recommendations?

Positive thoughts

rainbow
04-03-17, 14:38
Have you downloaded and begun working on any of the online CBT workbooks and course recommendations?

Positive thoughts

I have, been reading them through.

Fishmanpa
04-03-17, 14:44
I have, been reading them through.

You need to eat to alleviate the problem. What techniques or worksheets could you use to help you in this case? Why not utilize them to set forth a plan of action and initiate it? Then, share your plan as it may help others in a similar situation :)

Positive thoughts

snowghost57
04-03-17, 15:03
I can relate. I don't eat when I'm in my anxiety state, it makes me want to vomit the thought of food. What I try to do is drink tea or at least chicken broth from chicken noodle soup. Just try small things. If you have to, force yourself. Not eating will make you physically sick. I know I have enough to deal with without laying in bed physically ill too.