PDA

View Full Version : Help, fear of Basic functions and the fact of being alive

Hazama
04-03-17, 10:54
Hello, so what happens to me is that I fear breathing as a Human function, it scares me so much about the fact that we need it to live, that is so necessary to exist, or If I'm going to get bored of doing so or forget how to do it, because I have an hyper awareness with where I don't feel it being automatic anymore, so I don't know what else to do, I'm on meds but they aren't to strong, sometimes I get suicidal impulses because of this, but I'm also been wanting to be hospitalized in a Psychiatric Hospital just to see if they can treat my condition with this and anxiety better

Clydesdale Epona
04-03-17, 12:22
I think you're on the right track with getting help, the fear of breathing is simply because you've over-thought it a lot! I was the same way with eating x

All the best :hugs:

AbbyBabbyBee
05-03-17, 16:32
I get how you feel - I am scared of my heartbeat.

Thing is though, your breathing is ultimately contfolled by a completely unconscious part of your brain. Your body will keep on doing it regardless of what you think. Ever seen a toddler hold their breath til they go blue in a tantrum? They really don't want to start breathing but still do!

Good you're getting help x