PDA

View Full Version : My mind is purposefully distracting me

helpontheway
04-03-17, 17:48
I am trying to learn a language at the moment and i've been doing really well for the past 7-8 months and suddenly my brain keeps deliberately distracting me with unwanted thoughts and just the thought of distraction. How can I make it stop? Thank you

MOchp
05-03-17, 15:36
Intrusive thoughts are a definite symptom of OCD and can be very distracting. The main ways to help resolve the issue are therapy and/or medication depending on what a doctor thinks would work best for you. Are you seeing a psychiatrist?

MyNameIsTerry
07-03-17, 05:28
Intrusive thoughts are a definite symptom of OCD and can be very distracting. The main ways to help resolve the issue are therapy and/or medication depending on what a doctor thinks would work best for you. Are you seeing a psychiatrist?

That's incorrect. They can be but since intrusive thoughts are experienced by all people, they can be classified as OCD or depression when they become a problem.

OP - do you have existing anxiety issues? I'm wondering whether you've been experiencing more stress as that can cause more intensity & frequency of intrusive thoughts.

Recovering from them takes time & practice. How long has it been going on for? If it's a short period due to added stress then reducing your stresses may help but if it's longer or greatly impacting you then it's likely to take some time through therapy methods or acceptance style work.