PDA

View Full Version : Bladder issues and anxiety?

yodascat
05-03-17, 01:34
Hi guys,

Just been through a rough patch with my anxiety having to change environmentts and all.

Anxiety has flared up a notch I think.

Recently in the past few weeks I've been waking up in the morning feeling like my bladder is full (a lot of pressure) and I've been going to the toilet a lot. When I wake up to go to the toilet, I don't pass a huge amount of urine.

I've had episodes of having to go to the toilet a lot when I've been anxious in the past but I was wondering whether anyone else has experienced waking up with a full/pressured bladder?

Thanks!

GlassPinata
05-03-17, 01:37
When my anxiety is bad, I feel the need to urinate more frequently.
It will feel like I have to go really bad, but when i go, not much comes out.
Then five minutes later, I'll feel like I have to go again.
I'm not sure what's up with that, but I'm sure it's anxiety related, and it's been that way with me for a long time.

yodascat
06-03-17, 20:47
Thanks for the reply.

I've also had previous phases of time where I've had this. 3 years ago I had a month of just going to the toilet constantl.y

This time however, I think I'm thinking about it more and I sometimes wake up in the night to go to the toilet (not much comes out?)....

Getting pretty worried...

Cutecat25
25-07-17, 05:05
Hi, are you still experiencing this? I've been dealong with a full bladder sensation for a month now.

Cece6
08-08-17, 08:08
Hi! I can offer some reassurance on this hopefully. In April, it turned out I did actually have a UTI, but it eventually was cured with antibiotics as normal. Because it was my first one, and I have HA, I have only just stopped urinating constantly (clear samples) - all down to anxiety. The only reason it has lessened is because I've found another health problem to focus on.

I remember even as a person without HA, I would urinate constantly before something like the dentist or a test. I've since found out how complex and sensitive the bladder is, it responds to your fight or flight, as do many bodily processes.