PDA

View Full Version : Can PND cause yellow chest mucus/cough?

Scared2death21
05-03-17, 03:32
I pretty much always feel like there's mucus in the right side of my chest and mainly on the right side of my throat too. I guess the globus sensation would be it. Anyway, I hardly ever cough, but when I do it usually sounds like a mucusy, chesty cough that brakes up stuff in what feel like deep in my esophagus/chest. I also have some of what I believe is supragrastric belching in the same general area.

I remember when I was younger and got an allergy test, I was mildly allergic to nearly everything on the panel, which is why I think this might be a pretty much chronic feeling for me. My right nostril is usually clogged too, which is the same side as the chest and stomach issues. Could PND due to allergies cause all this havock? The chest issues have been around for a couple of years, but I've also been having stomach issues over the last year too.

One last addition, the very few times I have managed to cough up some mucus it has been yellow. I remember doing it about a year ago and it was a big glob for once and I actually felt pretty good for a couple of days until what I assume is it collected back up.

---------- Post added at 22:32 ---------- Previous post was at 22:29 ----------

Not sure if this is related but I also have tingling under my right shoulder blade too and have been told by a massage therapist that my back muscles are pretty tight.

bin tenn
05-03-17, 04:09
Sinus issues is a possibility. So is GERD. Do you have issues with either? FYI, sinus issues don't have to be present with obvious/common symptoms, and they can be chronic. GERD can do it, too. Do you smoke? That doesn't help either, if so.

I still smoke about half a pack a day, and I also have GERD. I've had chronic throat clearing and a mucus-y sort of "cough" for years. I started a PPI for the GERD in August and it has helped quite a bit.

I occasionally get a feeling of mucus trapped in my chest/throat. Then I'll cough a bit, it comes up and it clears, only to return a little while later. Sometimes it's almost like I can feel it rattling when breathing in deeply, which coughing also clears, and it seems to be in the bottom of my throat.

Just some ideas. Hope you feel well soon.

Scared2death21
05-03-17, 04:23
I've been having sinus issues my whole life and within the last few years since the onset of my anxiety I've started having heartburn from time to time. I've been having it a lot more often recently, of course since I've become anxious about my stomach. I have other symptoms that point to something like gerd or gastritis too. I do smoke but it's marijuana so since people tend to do that less frequently, it's probably the same material as one or two cigs a day. I'm sure any amount can cause irritation though.

I'm just worried with the mucus being yellow that it's some sort of chronic condition

Scared2death21
05-03-17, 19:00
Bumping because it's still weighing on my mind pretty heavily