PDA

View Full Version : So how do you get rid ofthose intrusive thoughts after panic attack

clio51
05-03-17, 17:33
Hi

Not been on for a while as things have capable most of the time, but I pop in now and again.

Friend was moving into a new house on sat.
I dropped card off and went inside, after coming out I found myself saying
" I'll come round and help tomorrow.
A little apprehensive, but I went!
Friends were there that I fadnt seen for years, I had a little flutter but managed to get stuck in upstairs.
We stopped for a drink, I even brewed it and was talking although though talking about the child.
another friend turned up with 2 children, I didn't feel alarmed and thought I did ok the odd thought popping in my head still.

So after 3 hrs, things looking straighter I said my goodbyes.
Saying " if you need me test". Why do I say this.

As soon as I got in my car I felt literally drained within a minute or so
Why???
All the way home I had talking in my head, why have I gone like this,God I feel shattered, I need to lye down
As soon as I got in the panic started!!
I went freezing cold could feel it coming through my body, sickly feeling,shaking inside.
I really didn't want my tea, but pushed myself not enjoying tasting it and glad it was over.
All night I got thoughts of the event, even though I got my colouring book out to try take my mind off myself.
With physical symptoms it's so hard to switch off from them, I tried to watch tv but the symptoms kept reappearing making it hard. Even when Partner was talking I didn't want to listen and felt like saying shut up please

Does anybody else suffer from this???
If so how do you manage to distract and not get focused on symptoms???