PDA

View Full Version : Rut Escapology

MartinS
05-03-17, 17:43
Hi
I hope that this forum can help me get out of the rut I am in and in return I can feedback some of my experiences to maybe help other people.

I am a 51 year old Software Engineer. I have struggled with stress and anxiety all my life and it has often affected my career. Now it appears to have finally sunk it unless I can find some help.

My wife has MS and so I left full-time work some years ago to work part-time self-employed from home so that I could care for her. Anyone caring for someone who has never really come to terms with their condition and frequently takes it out on them will know exactly what an emotional toll that can take.

I could work that way for a while because a long term friend of mine who understood my situation was able to provide me with less pressured work. Unfortunately that has dried up.

I am always tired and slightly dizzy – sometimes I get a wave of mind numbing tiredness or dizziness sweep over me. My memory and ability to concentrate are poor. I have been on anti-depressants although not at the moment. Over the years Doctors have only seemed willing to give me a vague diagnosis of ‘anxiety’ so I would have to guess a more precise diagnosis of GAD.

We are not desperately short of money but it preys on my mind that my only contribution to the coffers is Carers Allowance.

My hope in coming to this forum is to find a way back to earning money doing work I can sustainably do. Even if its for peanuts I feel it would be a solid foundation for improving my health and various other aspects of my life.

Well that’s me. I will post a more detailed question about this in the appropriate forum.

Lastly it would be good to know if there are any other members in the Norwich UK area and/or any techie sorts.

Regards
Martin

venusbluejeans
05-03-17, 17:49
Hiya MartinS and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

beatroon
07-03-17, 16:36
Hi Martin,

Nice to meet you! I'm not in the Norwich area but always pleased to meet fellow anxiety sufferers on the boards here. I'm sure you will find this a very supportive area, and a good place to air any questions or problems you might have.

All best!