PDA

View Full Version : Glad to find this

iwarzon
05-03-17, 20:50
Hello All,

JC here from California.
I seem to be like many and do the self diagnose deal, I have visited, read and purchased many related topics that I share with so many on this board like panic attacks, OCD, GAD and depression.
I don't seem to have severe symptoms but enough to ruin a perfectly good day off or take out an entire week of what would of been just a normal week :unsure:

First real panic attack was back in the mid 90's after the tragic loss of my step mother and ever since that I've had them come and go but always have myself prepared for one which I think has lead to multiple other things like my OCD and depression symptoms.

I get all the normal symptoms like tight throat muscles or sore throat, shortness of breath, phantom chest pains, left forearm pain, tight shoulder and neck pain, sour stomach, dry mouth and feeling of unwell.

I'm not currently on any medication that I take daily but always have lorazepam 0.5 mg with me if needed and usually only take half of that to get me to calm down however my GD would like me to start taking Zoloft 25mg however I have been reluctant to start that after reading all the horror story's but I will say I did fine with Paxil years ago.

I'm 50 years old in great health (I know this because all the costly Dr. Visits for absolutely no reason) with an ultra high stress job, I have the high achiever personality but other than that I have a normal life with a house, wife and child but am stuck in the GAD world and hope to find some useful information here and help manage this.

Let's Do This!

venusbluejeans
05-03-17, 21:03
Hiya iwarzon and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

venusbluejeans
05-03-17, 21:03
Hiya iwarzon and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

snowghost57
05-03-17, 21:18
My doctor started me on 25mg of Zoloft and she told me to stay off the internet! The only side effects I've had are dry mouth and a little upset stomach if I don't eat. Zoloft I understand is mild and I am a little nervous jumping up to 100mg. That's why I opted to take it slow and see how I do.

iwarzon
05-03-17, 22:32
My doctor started me on 25mg of Zoloft and she told me to stay off the internet! The only side effects I've had are dry mouth and a little upset stomach if I don't eat. Zoloft I understand is mild and I am a little nervous jumping up to 100mg. That's why I opted to take it slow and see how I do.

Thank you for that :yesyes:

C4therine
06-03-17, 03:09
Hope you feel better soon. I started on 25mg, albeit nervously, then was moved to 50, then 100mg. I'm glad I decided to take them in the end because they really help.