PDA

View Full Version : Just Joined

TiVeR
05-03-17, 22:07
Hi, I've just joined the forum although I've regularly read posts and looked around before and always found it in some way reassuring.

I've been suffering with anxiety and 'panic attacks' for 10 years now with varying levels of how it affects my life. Although I still battle with it daily my life is more settled now even though I still have bad days.

I now take 75mg of Amitriptyline a day which mostly means I am reasonably calm but still suffer from the occasional moment (like having to leave a shop or finding myself concentrating so much on my own breathing and heart rate I struggle to engage in meetings etc...).

I have on and off tried to control it with alcohol (which unfortunately I know works albeit it's a vicious circle I only know too well!) and I still have daily issues with odd things like feeling numb in my extremities and face. Which I'm sure isn't anything too concerning as I've had it for a while now and discussed it with doctors.

I am a very hard worker with a 9 to 5 and two personal businesses so stress it often a factor too. I've never really learned to relax and although it's something I keep saying I'll do I never seem to get round to it.

I've also tried NLP to help me but unfortunately it was something I studied so I just find myself trying to understand what techniques and word patterns rather than allowing it to help me.

I do know I'm my own worst enemy!

So that introduction went on longer than I thought! Thanks anyone who finds the time to read this far.

venusbluejeans
05-03-17, 22:17
Hiya TiVeR and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

GlassPinata
05-03-17, 23:46
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you find lots of support and advice here. :)
You are correct about the alcohol- and you are not alone.
Many of us have tried the "self-medication with alcohol" route, only to discover it makes things much, much worse in the long run.
You are not alone. There are people here who understand.
Best wishes.