PDA

View Full Version : Could this really be just anxiety? I feel like there's more to it!

Hannabubble
06-03-17, 00:23
Hey guys.

I'm back. I don't post here often at all. Except I did post the other day with exactly the same symptoms as what I'm experiencing now. I apologize for posting about the same topic again.

Basically right as I'm going to bed, about every three days, I experience shaking/trembling all over my body. This always come on after noticing that my ears are red and burning. I also had some PVCs (I think that's the correct term) I took a propranolol nearly an hour ago and I think it's just started to kick in as I'm typing. The shaking is finally easing up, thankfully!

Any the shaking itself, for some reason speaking or moving worsen it and cause an almost twitching like sensation which I can't control. All the extreme tension in my body makes me feel like I'm not breathing very deeply, which adds to the anxiety.

I'm a nervous wreck right now! I've had tests done, including ECG, 24 hour holter, bloods, etc. Everything came back normal. The doc confirmed that I did get some skipped beats but he said it's nothing to worry about.

Of course, my anxiety won't allow me to just listen to the doctor and get on with my life like any other normal person. Of course not. Especially seeing as I continue to get these nasty and scary symptoms literally out of nowhere.

Anyone else relate to this in anyway? I just need someone to talk to, guys. I didn't get much of a response last time unfortunately.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time out of their day to reply!

Hannah

ServerError
06-03-17, 00:36
Well, I would say that if you can't believe the doctors, there's not going to be much anyone can say here. We're just random anxiety sufferers. The experts have already spoken. If knowing others are in the same boat as you is helpful, you'll get plenty of that. And it does help some people. But it is usually fleeting.

Also, when people say that something "feels" a certain way - usually a far more catastrophic way than the doctors are saying - it seems a good indication that person is not familiar with the concept of challenging their thoughts and feelings. It's as if they think the way that something feels to you simply must be a true reflection of reality because, well, how could it not be? Except that how we feel and/or what we think is very often nothing but nonsense and a million miles from reality. In your case, the fact you feel that this is something worse than anxiety doesn't mean that it is. Obviously I can't tell you what it is, but I believe your doctors.

And I've experienced the symptoms you've described. I've been there two. My heart still misbehaves sometimes. Why doesn't it bother me anymore? Well, the doctors told me I'm fine and I take medication and had therapy. Have you explored this avenue?

GlassPinata
06-03-17, 01:00
These are ABSOLUTELY anxiety symptoms, as your doctor clearly recognizes.
Until you recognize that the problem is not physical, you will not be able to tackle the true problem, which is anxiety disorder.

Best wishes, and I hope you are able to find some help.