PDA

View Full Version : Another Swollen Lump in Jaw

JohnBoy23
06-03-17, 06:39
Hello,

I've posted here for a couple of years now, mainly about "lumps" that I've felt mainly in my jaw area. As far as I can tell, I have one movable, "soft", lump on the left my jaw for nearly three years now, that does not grow, though it does shrink and return to its "normal" size. I have one much smaller on my right, perhaps less than 2 mm, but it far less movable, though I can still "pop" it out with my fingers. Next to this one there is a chain-like structure that is maybe less than 0.5 mm wide, but if I were to stretch it out, it may be two inches long. This is a very movable structure.

I've seen three ENTs about this problem, over the past three years, I've gotten blood work done consistently over that time, and one CT scan, in which everything came back normal. I just got that result back two months ago. Since then, I've tried to keep it out of my mind and just accept it.

However, today, I felt a lump on the left my jaw, near where I think the partoid gland or the jugulodigastric lymph node is, it is not movable at all, it is slightly painful, and it is much further "up" towards my ear. On the right side of my jaw that area feels much more normal.

I've had two sore throats/coughs in the past two months, one of which was quite bad. Besides that I don't have night sweats or shortness of breath. Maybe a bit of fatigue, but I don't sleep very well, or consistently.

I'm in the US, and going to the doctor is not exactly cheap, and I just got a CT scan of my head and neck. What should I do? Should I just blatantly ask for some kind of needle biopsy? Of what area would I ask? Should I wait a couple of weeks? Any advice or similar experiences would be very helpful, please.

Thank you