PDA

View Full Version : Aching legs for no reason

oceanscape
06-03-17, 07:35
For the past 5 days or so both of my legs have been aching and feeling random pains. It doesn't matter whether I am walking, running or sitting still, they still ache in random areas all over.

I exercise a lot, go running 2 to 3 times a week and have never had any problems like this before and have not increased or changed my intensity of training or working out, so I am pretty sure it is not workout related or muscular? I even went for a long run yesterday and the pain never subsided (or got worse).

I'm terrified this could be indicative of MS or Fibro? Or even cancer, as I saw a Daily Mail article about a woman who had aching legs and turned out to have Leukaemia?

Should I give it a few more days or go to A&E? Really scared and nervous right now.

Clydesdale Epona
06-03-17, 09:24
I wouldn't rush off to A and E anytime soon, there can be many causes for leg ache, cramp, muscular, overused, ect. I doubt its anything deadly, if its still scaring you then you can always make a doctors appointment x

All the best :hugs:

oceanscape
06-03-17, 10:37
I wouldn't rush off to A and E anytime soon, there can be many causes for leg ache, cramp, muscular, overused, ect. I doubt its anything deadly, if its still scaring you then you can always make a doctors appointment x

All the best :hugs:

Thanks! I'm just freaked out that it's both legs and not one; I was thinking that if it was just one leg it might be more likely to be a muscular thing but because both of them are hurting maybe it is something more sinister. Will give it a few more days and pray that it goes.

Kuatir
06-03-17, 11:40
Actually, the fact that the issue is bilateral is encouraging that there is nothing sinister happening. I am a runner and have experienced similar things.

Also, you only go to A&E in an emergency. If you feel that you do need to see somebody then go to your GP.