PDA

View Full Version : New and struggling

bruciegirl
06-03-17, 18:31
Hi all,
My first post here and hoping this forum can provide some support.

I've had anxiety previously, but after a spell of councelling, it seemed to stay away for about 8 years. Unfortunately it's returned.

My anxiety is specifically linked to the fear that I'm having a heart attack. I'm thinking about it all the time and worrying. I have so many symptoms. For the past 2 weeks I've been having palpitations and fluttering and it's been very scary. This along with back ache, burping and fatigue. All things pointing to an impending heart attack! :-(. I've been to the docs, which was pointless. Does anyone else have problems with this... once they know you suffer with anxiety, everything is put down to that? So how can I be sure?

I'm a single mum, so most of the time during the day I'm ok. It hits me late afternoon and into the evening. I'm really struggling with it now and I'm dreading this evening.

I think what might have triggered it this time is a family members cancer diagnosis, which I think I'm bottling up. The last time I suffered with the same thing was immediately following the death of my grandad. Makes sense I suppose.
The biggest issue is that I can't seem to get it of my head that I'm heading towards an impending heart attack

Sorry for the long post, grateful for any advice

venusbluejeans
06-03-17, 18:36
Hiya bruciegirl and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

MooCow
06-03-17, 20:17
Welcome to the forums. :) I've only been here a couple of wseks so I'm new too.

I don't know much about your sort of anxiety, but the most active section here is for health anxiety, and if you ask in there I'm sure lots of more knowledgable people than me will be able to help support you and give you tips on coping better.

Hope you're having a nice evening and see you around the forums. :)