PDA

View Full Version : Help Lonely

jcd_gad
06-03-17, 22:23
Hi,

I'm really struggling at the minute, i'm struggling with suicidal thoughts, anxiety,

I'm subject to a court order preventing me from being around, incontact with, working where I could be in contact with anyone under 16.

On top of that prior to the offence and the sentence (community supervision), I was already suffering self esteem, and anxiety about being around people.

This is just making it worse, I worry about where any event is held, will there be any children near by. I worry about being invited for a meal, a drink, bbq, house party and if there are any children. I'm growing increasingly frightened about applying for work, and disclosing my conviction.

I'm putting on a brave face, but its got to the point where i'm loosing focus, becoming more muddled, becoming less confident in my future

Catherine S
06-03-17, 22:30
Sorry your post is a bit confusing, were you actually convicted of an offence against a child or something similar?

ISB

snowghost57
06-03-17, 23:31
I call your local mental health crisis or suicide hot line. Look online for your local hospital, they all have mental health centers. Please call and talk to someone, now.

Billyboy1019
11-03-17, 01:27
What was your offence? Because I can't bring myself to help someone who's offended against children. It's just beyond my nature.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bigboyuk
30-04-17, 15:17
What was your offence? Because I can't bring myself to help someone who's offended against children. It's just beyond my nature.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk We mustn't speculate and should wait for the Op to post a reply. Think that's all we can do Cheers

Citydeer
30-04-17, 17:58
Hi,

I'm really struggling at the minute, i'm struggling with suicidal thoughts, anxiety,

I'm subject to a court order preventing me from being around, incontact with, working where I could be in contact with anyone under 16.

On top of that prior to the offence and the sentence (community supervision), I was already suffering self esteem, and anxiety about being around people.

This is just making it worse, I worry about where any event is held, will there be any children near by. I worry about being invited for a meal, a drink, bbq, house party and if there are any children. I'm growing increasingly frightened about applying for work, and disclosing my conviction.

I'm putting on a brave face, but its got to the point where i'm loosing focus, becoming more muddled, becoming less confident in my future

I think you'd benefit from getting some professional advice about the services available to you, such as counselling and support groups. Call a help line or visit your GP for advice. Not all jobs make you disclose prior convictions. You can still live a normal life and there are services available that help people with convictions re-integrate into society.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billyboy1019
16-05-17, 09:09
We mustn't speculate and should wait for the Op to post a reply. Think that's all we can do Cheers
He clearly stated that he has a conviction in relation to children. How could it possibly be speculation if the OP said so themselves?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bigboyuk
16-05-17, 10:51
He clearly stated that he has a conviction in relation to children. How could it possibly be speculation if the OP said so themselves?

Sent from my SM-G920F using TapatalkOk So in that case if you aren't prepared to help, why ask what was his conviction? The OP is hardly going to disclose this on a open public forum! Cheers

AutieEmlyn
16-05-17, 17:30
Hi,

if it is the offense i am thinking of,i am not going to judge you,it causes massive anxiety and often depression in the offender who wants to change,how can anyone judge you when you dont want to be that way? its unfortunately how brain chemical screwups work.
there are some really good independant places that people with anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts and related conditions can go to, for example in manchester you have 'the sanctuary' you can phone it,email it or go there after dark when traditionally mental health services stop work,im not sure if you have to be from manchester to contact them but theyre worth a look at.

of course you have the samaritans to,but instead of phoning or emailing- i can personally recommend attending their head office [assuming you have one in your town] because they do free 1-1 non judgemental counciling,you just turn up and wait a short while for a councilor to speak to you,i found it very helpful when i was near sectionable again with extreme anxiety and suicidal thoughts.

i hope you find a way to deal with your mental health as it must be so frustrating to think a way you dont want to think.

jimsmrs
17-05-17, 09:17
Were you assigned a social worker after your conviction?

akb
17-05-17, 13:28
Hi there

ExceLent posts by Bigboy and Aunt Emylyn, whose post I found really helpful and informative.

Our OPwas not sent to jail so offence not a serious one. He might Nt even have dNe anything. Very naive to assume that all people convicted of crimes are guilty. How do I know? Because Im in jail NOW for something I didnt do and by my estimation 10-20 percent of inmates are innocent and dont ask how I got a cellphone to write this.

The OP needs help and thats what we are here to give. Hopefully he is receiving medical treatment.

I cant think of anything to add except that being physically near children wont get you in trouble, just make sure you are never alone with one. In any case the police arent watching your every move, they got better things to do like extracting false confessions from poor barstewards often with mental problems when they couldnt catch the real culprit.

Cheers

Bigboyuk
17-05-17, 14:05
Hi there

ExceLent posts by Bigboy and Aunt Emylyn, whose post I found really helpful and informative.

Our OPwas not sent to jail so offence not a serious one. He might Nt even have dNe anything. Very naive to assume that all people convicted of crimes are guilty. How do I know? Because Im in jail NOW for something I didnt do and by my estimation 10-20 percent of inmates are innocent and dont ask how I got a cellphone to write this.

The OP needs help and thats what we are here to give. Hopefully he is receiving medical treatment.

I cant think of anything to add except that being physically near children wont get you in trouble, just make sure you are never alone with one. In any case the police arent watching your every move, they got better things to do like extracting false confessions from poor barstewards often with mental problems when they couldnt catch the real culprit.

Cheers HI akb thanks for sharing this with us, I wouldn't have know you were in the klink sorry to hear this. Have you appealed against you sentence, and have you got a release date? As for the OP don't think they will come back it's been 2 months now have tried to contact them but nothing has come back to me as yet so sad really. The police often aren't trained in dealing with people with MH conditions and while you are allowed a duty solicitor to help you, MH professionals arent there to support prisoners that need it, this should be a automatic process IMHO Take care Cheers

akb
18-05-17, 04:43
Hi BigBoy

Thanks for the support. Unfortunately Im in a third world jail hence corruption etc and unspeakably awful conditions. Not even a doctor here.

Been inside 2.5 years and mickey mouse trial still ongoing. Same for all inmates.

All I can do is yoga and prayer.

akb

Bigboyuk
18-05-17, 09:56
Hi BigBoy

Thanks for the support. Unfortunately Im in a third world jail hence corruption etc and unspeakably awful conditions. Not even a doctor here.

Been inside 2.5 years and mickey mouse trial still ongoing. Same for all inmates.

All I can do is yoga and prayer.

akb You are more than welcome akb That is terrible man, not even the basics for you :eek: At least you have a couple of things seeing you though this dark time :) Hang on in there akb. Cheers

snowghost57
18-05-17, 17:17
It is none of our business what his offense was. JCD I hope you reached out to a mental health professional. Therapy will help you with your anxiety. Take care of yourself and things will get better.

jcd_gad
22-05-17, 21:39
Hi,

Sorry i've not been in touch since the post. I've been in hospital a couple of times. I'm not deemed a risk to myself so i'm not able to get any support.

I'm trying to join groups "offline" and its getting a little better. I'm trying to find work, but the minute I declare my conviction then I get the offer with drawn (3 times now).

Anyway thanks i've reached out to a counselling group, and i've joined some social groups. But I have to be careful where and when I go and who I meet.

Bigboyuk
22-05-17, 22:25
Hi,

Sorry i've not been in touch since the post. I've been in hospital a couple of times. I'm not deemed a risk to myself so i'm not able to get any support.

I'm trying to join groups "offline" and its getting a little better. I'm trying to find work, but the minute I declare my conviction then I get the offer with drawn (3 times now).

Anyway thanks i've reached out to a counselling group, and i've joined some social groups. But I have to be careful where and when I go and who I meet. That sucks mate, that's good and you have made a great start, sorry to hear about not being able to get work keep trying its only 3 knock backs so keep being positive you will get there :) Well done and welcome back! Cheers

jcd_gad
24-06-17, 02:19
Hi - no social worker just forthnightly/ weekly meeings with probation. Trying to get help/support to move on but very little around.

Lip service from Police / probation.

Bigboyuk
24-06-17, 11:34
Hi - no social worker just forthnightly/ weekly meeings with probation. Trying to get help/support to move on but very little around.

Lip service from Police / probation. Hi I am sorry to hear this mate, Have you asked your PO to look in to some extra much needed support for you? I would ask your dr for a referral to get some extra support if one route doesn't work, try another :) I will pm you later :) Cheers