PDA

View Full Version : Lansoprazole / Stomach issues?

jonny93
06-03-17, 23:02
Hi All,

A while since I have posted on here!

Around 8 months ago I was prescribed Lansoprazole 30mg daily for acid reflux issues. However, since taking them I have been constipated to the point when it is just like rabbit droppings that are hard to pass. I had impaction a couple of times which was quite painful but managed to sort with suppositories.

I went to the doctors who seem surprised and said this would be nothing to do with the Lansoprazole however I am convinced that it must be? I was then prescribed Lactulose which moves things along but it is still like rabbit droppings.

I had a colonoscopy in Feb 2014 which was all perfectly normal and was told I had IBS. However last year my partner of 25 years old was diagnosed with Bowel Cancer stage 3, thankfully he is ok now but you can understand my fears

Does anybody else experience constipation with this drug? Does anyone know how long a "clear" colonoscopy is valid for? I know colon cancer is slow growing so surely nothing has grown that big to cause this constipation?

Other than that I have no pain or other symptoms.

Thanks for your input guys. Will be interested in your responses.

Jonny

jonny93
08-03-17, 20:09
Anyone? :(

KirstyColt
08-03-17, 20:14
Hey Jonny,

I take omeprazole I have not had any bowel problems but it is on the list of side effects for that, are you on any other meds?