PDA

View Full Version : Shower Curtain Rod Fell -- concussion

paperweight
06-03-17, 23:35
I was cleaning my shower about an hour ago when I pulled my shower curtain rod down on my head (top right side). As someone who deals with constant health anxiety and severe OCD, I am well aware that I think things are more severe than they are. I have spent the past hour googling (yeah, I know...) Here's the trouble: I'm convinced my brain is bleeding now, and my spouse thinks nothing of it. I didn't black out, throw up, etc. Should I get a cat scan done, or do you all think I'll be fine?

Thanks.

ServerError
06-03-17, 23:47
I think you can trust in your skull doing its job just fine.

Catherine S
07-03-17, 00:07
I would say the most damage it could do was to produce an 'egg' shaped bump. Getting an egg head wound is a right of passage for British children, they feel short-changed if banging their heads doesn't show the proof in this way to show their friends. But then our football or rugby players don't wear shoulder pads and helmets either :D

ISB ☺ x

ServerError
07-03-17, 00:18
I would say the most damage it could do was to produce an 'egg' shaped bump. Getting an egg head wound is a right of passage for British children, they feel short-changed if banging their heads doesn't show the proof in this way to show their friends. But then our football or rugby players don't wear shoulder pads and helmets either :D

ISB ☺ x

Although our football players did start playing in snoods for a while...

Catherine S
07-03-17, 00:21
Snoods? Are you kidding?

Gary A
07-03-17, 00:43

ISB ☺ x

Our football actually involves a foot touching a ball rather than a hand touching some sort of egg shaped object. :whistles:

Toaster
07-03-17, 00:45
We kick that egg shaped ball with our feet 10 - 20 times in the game.

So... :whistles:

Gary A
07-03-17, 00:49
We kick that egg shaped ball with our feet 10 - 20 times in the game.

So... :whistles:

We use our hands to take throw ins with about the same ratio, perhaps we should call ours throwball. :winks:

Catherine S
07-03-17, 01:31
Guys, I did say football AND rugby, rugby being the closest to American football...but without the wussy body padding and helmets. How do they move with all of that gear on!

ISB :D

katniss
07-03-17, 03:39
If you didn't blackout, vomit or see stars you should be OK! Just keep an eye out for any symptoms that may pop up. But honestly it's very unlikely that you have done any damage!

swajj
07-03-17, 10:57
It could have been worse, you could have been hit by a balloon. :noangel:

Here in NSW we have "real football" NRL:winks: I'm in a tipping comp. I would do well if I could just stop tipping my team. lol

SLA
07-03-17, 11:30
If you didn't blackout, vomit or see stars you should be OK! Just keep an eye out for any symptoms that may pop up. But honestly it's very unlikely that you have done any damage!

..or even better. Don't keep an eye out for any symptoms that that may pop up.

Josh1234
07-03-17, 14:35
Those things weigh like 2 pounds lol