PDA

View Full Version : Changing mole (Pictures)

Bedworth
07-03-17, 02:33
I have a 2mm mole that has changed, I went to my GP a few days ago but he thought it was fine because it had hairs growing from it. Looks bigger in the pictures because the camera is quite close.

5946 is from the 27th Feb
6152 is from the 7th Mar

PASchoolSyndrome
07-03-17, 16:24
It looks like a scab from those pictures.

Bedworth
07-03-17, 16:47
That's what I meant by it changing, sorry. It scabbed up.

NancyW
07-03-17, 18:50
Why is is scabbed? Are you picking at it?

nicole97
07-03-17, 19:01
I was going to ask the same question.... from what I've heard, in terms of melanoma, hair growing out of it is a good sign, but that's only what I've read. I would think anything changing would be concerning enough for them to look at.

Bedworth
07-03-17, 20:24
In the first picture it wasn't scabbed and thats when I went the doctors.

In the second picture it scabbed up between then, I didn't pick at it.

Citydeer
08-03-17, 03:33
You may have scratched it without knowing or in your sleep. Give it a few weeks to see if it starts to heal. If it doesn't, go back to the doctor and ask for it to be taken off. Don't freak out, I'm Australian and myself and everyone I know has had many moles removed. It's pretty much standard practice in Oz if a mole looks a bit odd or changes to just nip it off straight away even though most of the time they turn out not to be cancerous (and even if they are this isn't usually a big deal either they just take a bit extra from around the mole). I've got my eye on one on my ear at the moment that seems to be getting a bit darker/uneven. Skin cancer doesn't happen rapidly so don't panic, just keep an eye on it like you already are and get it checked again if necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bedworth
08-03-17, 05:11
Thanks for that advice, it made me feel a lot more at ease. I'll try my best to put it out my mind for now and take a fresh picture on Monday and post it here.

I don't trust myself to judge it, my anxiety really skews how I perceive things.

Ben1989
08-03-17, 08:57
When my wife went to a GP to have her mole looked at, the doctor took a picture (using a nifty zoom lens on the doctors iphone) and sent it to a dermatologist at the hospital to examine. Maybe you could ask the same?

Bedworth
13-03-17, 03:23
New picture from today, the scab has completely come off now and the mole is now just a flat stain on my skin.

Citydeer
13-03-17, 06:43
No need for doc then, you can relax :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeiaL
13-03-17, 12:44
I'm really familiar with mole-related anxiety - I've had one in my neck for about three years and periodically I freak out and think it's something awful, but then I see the doctor, who tells me it's nothing, and I gradually get over it again. (It's getting better now it's been there for years... I feel like if it was going to kill me, it would already have done so!)

Your mole looks perfectly normal to me and is also a very small size - it looks uniform in colour and fairly symmetrical, and those are all good signs. Since the scab came off again and it looks normal, I suspect you really did just scratch it in your sleep, or even while awake and without thinking, and everything is fine. :)