PDA

View Full Version : Low grade fever - worried about lymphoma/leukemia

katniss
07-03-17, 03:31
Hey everyone,

I started getting a low grade fever on Saturday night (3 nights ago). It never went higher than 99.6. I know some may not consider this to be a fever, but it is. I feel crappy. I have been coughing, sneezing and suffering from burning eyes. The rational part of me blames this on my sinuses but the anxious part of me is thinking that something more insidious is at play. I am mainly concerned about leukemia or lymphoma. One of the symptoms for both illnesses is a persistent low grade fever. This really scares me as I don't usually get a fever for so long.

I do have two kids at home that I am constantly running after. My baby keeps me up at night, so I also havent been able to get a proper night's sleep. Could this be what's causing the fever to be so persistent? Would leukemia / lymphoma fevers come with cold like symptoms like the stuffy nose and sneezing?

Any advice or experiences welcome. Thank you!

Thelegend27
07-03-17, 05:19
Why do you assume those diseases?

Your body may just be fighting a mild infection, and a temp of 99 isn't abnormal But if you do feel unwell then see a doctor thats your best option.

Stop worrying so much.

I located a few small lymph nodes in my neck which worried me but the doctor said they are normal so not everything that seems abnormal is abnormal.

bin tenn
07-03-17, 12:27
Cold symptoms with stuffy nose, sneezing and low grade temp? Sounds like ... a cold. Or sinuses. I agree with Thelegend27, there is nothing abnormal about it. You could see your doc; that's what they're there for. But I don't know that they would do anything about a cold other than recommend resting, drinking plenty of fluids, and maybe some OTC meds.

Bigboyuk
07-03-17, 12:32
I too have had a very nasty cold, don't normally get them, but when I do I feel very under the weather, abosultley nothing to worry about. if you are concerned see your dr :) Cheers

PASchoolSyndrome
07-03-17, 14:52
You're right. In order to be a fever it has to be 100.4 or over, or doctor's can't legally diagnose it a fever. Just a fun fact.

Doesn't make a cold any less miserable!! Agree with everyone above, it's a cold and nothing more. Rest and fluids.

Kuatir
07-03-17, 14:54
If you're not sleeping properly you're going to feel rough. It's tough with a baby around.

katniss
07-03-17, 18:22
Thank you for your replies everyone. I suppose I jumped to crazy conclusions all of a sudden. Just got worried because I've never had a low grade fever for so long before. But I also have the regular stuffy/blocked up nose, sore throat, etc

PASchoolSyndrome
07-03-17, 18:36
Colds can seriously take so long to clear and when you're tired and stressed it can take even longer! Hope you feel better soon!