PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and finger nails.

paranoidjh
07-03-17, 16:19
I posted last week, am terrified that I have Terry's nails. My nails are quite pail with redness near the tips. I tried to post a picture on here but don't know how to do it. I have looked at pictures on Dr Google and some of them look like it but others don't. It says white or crushed glass appearance which mine aren't. Does anyone else have nails that sound like mine. I am a regular user of shellac but haven't put any on since Christmas, admittedly I peeled the lot off rather than soaked them but I can't believe it is damage due to that this far after. Help. I feel like I am going mad.

Cakelady
07-03-17, 22:11
Hi, I remember your last post, sorry this is still troubling you. Could it be the shellac , maybe it will grow out? Some of the pics Dr Google gives can just make you worry more, did you get your iron levels checked? xx

paranoidjh
08-03-17, 12:33
Here they are - do they look like Terry's nails?

I now thinking I am being mad

Fishmanpa
08-03-17, 12:42
I'm sorry but they look like totally normal nails :shrug:

Positive thoughts

Carnation
08-03-17, 13:00
I agree with FMP :mellow:

paranoidjh
08-03-17, 13:12
I can see the red lines under the nail tip, but even I think they look normalish. Thanks for replying. They don't even look that pale :ohmy:

Kuatir
08-03-17, 13:32
I just Googled Terry's nails. (Don't do that anymore yourself, please). Your nails look nothing like Terry's nails.

Cakelady
08-03-17, 15:14
They look normal : ) xx

Fishmanpa
08-03-17, 19:55
They look normal : ) xx

Nicely manicured too... ready for some color :)

Positive thoughts

Cakelady
08-03-17, 20:02
FMP has a point:)They put my nails to shame! xx

Jull
08-03-17, 20:10
I don't think that your nails look too bad.. However, if you're still worry about them, you can try some tips in here https://authorityremedies.com/how-to-make-your-nails-stronger/ to improve your nails condition :)
Don't worry too much :) They'll be alright soon!

paranoidjh
08-03-17, 22:09
Thanks everyone for replying, I hate anxiety it makes you focus on things that sometimes are not there. I find myself checking every bodies nails to see if they are similar. There is definitely a red patch under each tip but now I wonder if it has always been there. Looking Terry's nails tonight they do appear to much whiter than mine are. Need to stop asking Dr Google.

Kathryn313
08-03-17, 22:16
My nails look just like that and I freaked out just as you are.

That was 8 months ago, they have stayed the same and I have chilled out a bit after seeing they are like some other peoples

paranoidjh
08-03-17, 22:33
Am half thinking oh putting shellac on them to stop me looking at them but will still wonder what's underneath. Am at the docs next Thursday with something unrelated so might show the doctor. Think he will laugh though.

paranoidjh
09-03-17, 12:46
I can still see the red lines and wonder if anyone else can. I think I am going mad, everyone who I ask see's it but says it is normal

Fishmanpa
09-03-17, 12:59
One of the most interesting aspects of anxiety I see on the boards is a skewed perception of reality. I recall a video of a woman (who was a member here) discussing how her hands were getting thinner and wasting away (they obviously weren't). She saw it with her own eyes and believed it with all her heart and soul even though no one else saw it.

I believe, that this same phenomenon is happening here. I truly believe you believe this but the reality is quite different.

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts

paranoidjh
14-03-17, 12:41
Still panicking convinced I have terrys nails look at these pics2981

Fishmanpa
14-03-17, 15:10
No one here is a medical professional. That being said, to everyone here, they look normal. To you, they don't. Stop posting pics and just go to the doctor as nothing anyone can say will sway you from your belief. I have my "Told ya so" all ready ;)

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
14-03-17, 17:42
I just Googled Terry's nails. (Don't do that anymore yourself, please). Your nails look nothing like Terry's nails.

How did you see my nails?!!! :winks:

OP - I've had redness at the tips of mine for ever. Your nails look like any other nail I've seen.

LeiaL
14-03-17, 18:17
I had this same type of fingernail anxiety myself for months and months four years ago - I could see all sorts of abnormalities but nobody else could, from my doctor to my parents and friends. Guess what - four years later, my nails still look exactly the same, and I'm fine. :)

I'm not a medical professional, but as far as I can see, your nails look 100% normal. Try to gradually start checking them less and less with every day, that's how I eventually stopped worrying about them. You will get past this, I promise!

paranoidjh
14-03-17, 19:02
Thanks everyone, I know I am being irrational but anxiety is irrational. I am at the docs on Thursday for something totally unrelated and will mention it. If they laugh me out of the surgery I am going to have shellac put on them the same day so I don't keep looking at them.

Cakelady
14-03-17, 20:11
Honestly think your nails look fine but hope you feel alot more reassured after your appt on Thursday. Best wishes xx

paranoidjh
17-03-17, 20:46
Well have been to the docs mentioned my nails and he just brushed it off, all blood tests have come back normal so am going to paint my nails and try and forget about it. Still a worry though.

Cakelady
17-03-17, 20:55
That's great, get some amazing colour!:yahoo: You are fine xx

Marie2016
19-03-17, 14:50
Hi,

Glad your doctor wasn't worried.

I just wanted to say that my nails also do this if I paint my nails too much or have them covered for a long time. It can take a good while for them to return to normal. I really wouldn't worry. I also peel the shellac off so it may have something to do with that! Xx

JaniceT
26-05-20, 23:48
Do my nails look like Terry’s nails?

JaniceT
26-05-20, 23:50
I can’t figure out how to post the pics?!