PDA

View Full Version : What are your symptoms and fear ?

Shaun80
07-03-17, 18:27
Hi

I was just wondering what everyone's health anxiety symptoms are and their fear ? And how they overcome it.
My symptoms are muscle twitching , muscle pain (cramp and burn and fatigue ) . Sometimes muscle jerks. My fears are always neurological brain tumor , Ms ,Als Parkinson , seizures . Is your fear of the unknown diagnosis or fear of dying ?

---------- Post added at 17:00 ---------- Previous post was at 16:57 ----------

As a follow up why do these strange symptoms happen ? Are they fight or flight , adrenalin , cortisol ? Will bring in a constant state of anxiety over time damage your brain and nervous system permanently

---------- Post added at 18:27 ---------- Previous post was at 17:00 ----------

Nobody ?

Clydesdale Epona
07-03-17, 18:57
Hi there x.

mines pretty much anything like Choking, heart disease, appendicitis, breaking a bone ect.
the symptoms are generally because of fight or flight, when you're worried about something your brain thinks its a danger and goes into hypoawareness waiting for it to happen x

All the best :hugs:

Fishmanpa
07-03-17, 19:07
Just my opinion but these types of threads have come up several times on the forum and it's actually counter-productive as it essentially enables/feeds your anxiety as you're focusing and talking about your symptoms.

Just a read of a page or two of posts will yield all sorts of fears and symptoms and give you plenty to ponder.

You have one small sentence about about overcoming the fears and that alone would be a more productive thread minus the symptoms.

What are you currently doing to help you cope with your fears?

Positive thoughts

Shaun80
07-03-17, 19:13
I thought talking about it would make people feel better if people share similar symptoms and fears we can reassure each other that it's not just one person

Fishmanpa
07-03-17, 19:21
Just the first page alone has 7 threads about cancer fears, a couple about ALS and some about heart issues. Again, just my opinion but it's very apparent many share the same fears and symptoms.

I hope you find some peace relating to yours :)

Positive thoughts

snowghost57
07-03-17, 19:26
[QUOTE=Fishmanpa;1656866]Just my opinion but these types of threads have come up several times on the forum and it's actually counter-productive as it essentially enables/feeds your anxiety as you're focusing and talking about your symptoms.

Just a read of a page or two of posts will yield all sorts of fears and symptoms and give you plenty to ponder.

You have one small sentence about about overcoming the fears and that alone would be a more productive thread minus the symptoms.

What are you currently doing to help you cope with your fears?

Positive thoughts

Thank you Fishmanpa for your post. I'm new here and was hoping this site would help me meet people with similar issues and what works for them in regards to panic, anxiety, depression. (I'm not going list everything, we already know our issues) I too tried "Dr. Google" (someone posted that and I found it funny) I don't want to reinforce my fears. I am working every day to turn my thinking into positive thoughts by paying myself compliments such as, I earned an A on an assignment (I'm an older student) I just started on Zoloft and I focus on how it's making me feel better and not how it's making me sick, the side effects will pass. I hope one day my anxiety is behind me. I tell myself I'm getting better each day. Yes it's hard work, but I want to get better, I know I'm a work in progress, I'm tired of living in fear and doubt. We can do this! Positive thoughts to all!