PDA

View Full Version : 2 migraines in 2 days!!!

helenclaire
07-03-17, 17:08
I have had 2 migraines in as many days. I am getting the aura with blind spots and zig zaps first before the headache. I haven't had a migraine for months so now I'm worried what's causing it. I hate not being able to see it sends my anxiety into over drive. Of course I am thinking brain tumour as I've also been feeling off balance and lightheaded but I've been feeling like that on and off for years and have been told it's anxiety. I don't want to go to the doctors but do u think I should.:shrug:

Sixpack
07-03-17, 20:13
You can go to the doctor if you want.

If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't go. sounds pretty typical of migraines. Lots of people can go months without one, then get one. Then have a few in a row. The zigzag lines and stuff are ocular migraines. I had one last week. also, anxiety and stress also allow for headaches .

As I said, you can go to the doctor if you are so inclined. Me? I wouldn't

.Poppy.
07-03-17, 21:07
My general rule of thumb with migraines is that if they're wildly different, I go see the doctor.

I started getting them when I was 11 and went to the doctor, neurologist, and a special health center, both trying to see if something was wrong AND figuring out the best way to manage them. Nothing was wrong, we tried meds until we found the right ones, end of story.

A few years ago I had a migraine with the aura (NEVER had one before). It is scary for sure! I saw the zigzags, lost part of my vision, even had trouble speaking. I had a complete panic attack and the pain was so bad I ended up in the ER. Again, I went to the doctor and then the neurologist; had tests and and MRI. It came up completely clean. Thankfully it's RARE for me to get a headache that bad, even now.

So yeah, you can go to the doctor if you want, but migraines don't always mean brain tumors. More often than not, they're actually due to tension, which can mean you're stressed or you're tensing your body in some other way, perhaps due to a poor sleeping position.