PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, dating...

.Poppy.
07-03-17, 21:04
My (twin) brother is getting married later this month, so that is probably why I'm feeling so stressed about this. That, and I haven't had a serious relationship since high school...and I'm now 25.

I've struggled with my self esteem for a bit, as past posts will suggest. I've had many friends throughout college, I just never really get flirty or put myself out there in that way for fear of rejection.

Around new year's I met a guy in the bar district. He's from Paraguay and I believe is friends with a really nice guy that was in my class last semester. I was quite drunk when I met him and gave him my snapchat; he occasionally snaps me but that's it. I know absolutely nothing about him other than what I see on Snap, and basically that tells me that he's not really my "type" in many ways. I'm also a few years older than he is.

He just messaged me and asked me why we haven't been on a date yet. I'm torn to pieces over it. I really don't want to go, I don't think we'd get along, I don't know him at all, etc. But on the other hand, I really hate myself for never putting myself "out there" and being such a loser, etc.

What on earth am I supposed to do?:scared15:

Clydesdale Epona
08-03-17, 08:27
If you really don't see yourself getting along or hitting it off then I wouldn't feel pressured to go, there's plenty of times to "put yourself out there" you needn't have to rush about it and do it with someone you don't see yourself with x

All the best :hugs: