PDA

View Full Version : whats the best time

Barnabas75
07-03-17, 23:00
If anyone has experience with this type of med what is the best time to take i? It makes me a bit drowsy during the day and lethargic, so I was thinking about switching taking it at night time. Any thoughts anyone?

---------- Post added at 23:00 ---------- Previous post was at 22:25 ----------

What do you think PDU?

panic_down_under
07-03-17, 23:03
If anyone has experience with this type of med what is the best time to take i? It makes me a bit drowsy during the day and lethargic, so I was thinking about switching taking it at night time. Any thoughts anyone?

In theory it shouldn't make any difference as clomipramine has a longish half-life of around 32 hours, and its active metabolite up to 70 hours, however, in practice taking it at night may make a difference. I seem to do better when taking my TCA in 3 spit doses even though its elimination half-life is nearly double that of clomipramine, though it might just be my imagination.

Barnabas75
07-03-17, 23:07
umm. With such a long half life there is no harm in trying I suppose. As it wont make much difference. I have to admit this is working far better that lexapro was. Even though I only took lexapro for 7 weeks. Oh well. At least something is helping. And I dont need mirtazipine for sleep so thats a bonus.