PDA

View Full Version : Panic attacks

Brad10
08-03-17, 00:34
When I first got my panic attack I woke up two days later and felt very strange like I wasn't myself and then I would get random attacks where I would feel out of body and it would freak me out so much and I felt like I was on auto pilot for a year and a half now I just don't feel like my panic old self it's been two and half years and the only way the disconnected feeling goes away is if I'm worrying about something, do you think it will go away could hormones be a role in this ? I'm 19 and got it when I was 17

ana
08-03-17, 13:18
Thyroid issues could cause anxiety, but the feelings you're experiencing sound like classic depersonalisation to me. I, too, feel like my own body doesn't belong to me, like nothing around me is real, like I'm not even real myself. When I'm at work or focused on something mentally stimulating and/or engaging, the disconnected feeling goes, just like it does for you. Have you ever thought about seeking help?

Brad10
08-03-17, 16:21
Yah I'm seeing a psychiatrist now every week but she thinks it's just a phase and I'll grow out of it soon, what do you think caused this ?

snowghost57
08-03-17, 17:25
I started at a young age with panic attacks and thought it was stomach issues. See your doctor and tell him/her about everything and be honest. Once the issue is identified then it can be taken care of.

Brad10
08-03-17, 19:21
Yah I've had they said it's all anxiety

ana
08-03-17, 21:03
A number of different things may have triggered the onset of panic for you. For me, it was the death of two close family members in a short space of time back when I was 13. Perhaps it is something that will go away, but identifying what may have caused your anxiety in the first place is a good place to start.