PDA

View Full Version : Lymphocytes

AnxiousSNB
08-03-17, 02:11
In my last two blood tests, my lymphocytes have been elevated mildly. I'm a big time hypochondriac, so obviously freaking out.

The absolute value of Lymphocytes was 5.7 in the blood test in November 2016, and I just received my latest results today i.e. March 2017, and the absolute count of Lymphocytes is 3.7. Everything else is normal. My doctor thinks it's just some infection I'm recovering from. I guess I just need some reassurance I'm fine. Have you seen something like this before? I don't know why I'm concerned why my count reached 5.7 a few months ago? Any help is appreciated.

Toaster
08-03-17, 13:58
Probably recovering from a viral infection. As the doctor said.

I had a high Neutrophil count for a year. They were at 11 meaning that my Neutrophils alone put my total WBC out of range. Unlike yours that went down... mine kept going up. I was referred to a Hematologist/Oncologist. He thought it was nothing but decided to test to be safe. My second CBC after seeing him showed my Neutrophils drop to 8. Still out of range. But since they dropped he was 99.99999% sure it wasn't Leukemia or really any cancer. Leukemia gets worse and does not relent.

My final diagnosis for the Neutrophils being at 11 was sinus infection...

I'd just tell you to trust the doctor. They know their stuff. An elevated number will not freak them out. The hematologist ran 20 different blood tests on me. I was out of range on a few without anything being wrong. They use all of your symptoms and signs to make a decision.

---------- Post added at 12:58 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

Just listen to the doctor. If they want follow ups do them. If not, the doctor has more than enough evidence to say you're ok.

AnxiousSNB
10-03-17, 01:18
Thanks Toaster! Your words have really helped me calm down. I don't know when and why I became such an anxious person. Hopefully everything is fine and I can move on.

Thanks again.

Toaster
10-03-17, 01:29
If you saw my blood counts and the crazy fluctuations and how high my neutrophils were, you'd definitely worry less. My neutrophil count once halved in a two week span. My Reticulocytes (immature red blood cells) were also high.

If I'm not mistaken, an absolute Lymph count of 3.7 is just barely out of range too.

Did your doctor want a follow-up CBC? If not I would assume you have 0 to worry about. If they did, I still wouldn't even be that worried.