PDA

View Full Version : What can I do?

flappergirl
08-03-17, 02:49
Hi,

I am struggling with HA. My doc gave me meds which I started Monday and I am on a waiting list for therapy. I have begun an exercise class and I am trying to avoid googling.

I last saw doctor Monday (2 days ago) and I felt reassured then but now I am completely in a panic again. I woke up last night and tonight having panic attacks and I am still concerned by my physical symptoms. I feel I am waiting for the next symptom to come along and confirm my worst fears.

My dilemma is, shall I return to the doctor and tell him what is going on again and stress my concern about my most recent symptom knowing that there is probably not much that he can do apart from perhaps refer me to hospital for to further investigate my symptoms or maybe get a psychiatric doctor to look at me. Or do I stay at home and continue to make myself sicker with fear and anxiety?

I feel I want to go back to docs as at least I know I haven't sat on my symptoms. I am reassurance seeking but I do have physical symptoms (which others can see too!) that are causing me much stress.

So worried, am not sleeping much as I cant turn off my brain 😢

bin tenn
08-03-17, 03:30
I'd recommend riding it out. Medication, from what I understand, takes a while to work. Sometimes it can two to three weeks before you begin to really reap the benefits. Plus, you'll be starting therapy in the near future. It shouldn't hurt at all to wait it out.

Good luck. I hope you find the peace and healing you need, whether it's through therapy and meds or some other route.