PDA

View Full Version : Scared - Liver worries

KirstyColt
08-03-17, 07:55
Hi all,

Been a long time since I've been here.

Just got back from Dr's and he has completely panicked me.

Had a blood test on Friday, came back I'm anaemic high cholesterol and something wrong with my liver, asked me how much I drank and truthfully I barely drink so I don't know why it's so bad but I, like you all, have gone into complete melt down thinking I have liver disease.

I'm sat here crying and stressing out.

I had a scan in September and it showed fatty liver and nothing else was done.

Anyone else been through anything similar?

Thanks xxx

KirstyColt
08-03-17, 20:15
Anyone? "

choccie
08-03-17, 20:21
Hi

How has your diet been as a fatty liver is usually the result of too much junk or fatty foods. I believe tis can be reversed by changing your diet, especially if your cholesterol is high too. It annoys me when GP's let their patients go away without explaining things properly and leaving people worried.

Cakelady
08-03-17, 20:43
Sorry you are so worried:( It might just be as the last poster said to do with diet . Its unfair that you seem to have been left with no reassurance, might it be worth going back just to try to get some explanation as to what it might be? xx

ocdbaking
08-03-17, 20:57
Livers are amazing organs though - they can completely heal themselves if the cause (ie diet/drink etc) is dealt with. My dad had some liver issues and changed his habits, and the problem resolved itself.

Fun liver fact - they are able to regrow to full size, and fully function, if a section (I think up to about 75%) is removed!

paranoid-viking
08-03-17, 21:13
Fatty liver is not really a disease - but it is a warning that diseases may develop if one does not start life style changes.

Unfortunately, the rubbish tabloid media; in the wake of the news of the obduction reports regarding George Michael is writing that he died of fatty liver, which is an outright lie - fake news. He had fatty liver(probavly due to alcohol abuse)and ANOTHER condition, the latter was the obvious cause of his death, NOT the fatty liver. But the MFers in tabloid media are not doing any fact checking of medical conditions and writes in tabloid headlines that "he died of fatty liver". These are fake news in any definition of that term. No one dies of fatty liver. But it has probably manged to scare the living daylight out of a lot of people.

Reading it again it says he had a hearth condition and fatty liver. It was of course the heart condition that killed him.

Kathryn313
08-03-17, 22:19
What is the next step reccomended by your GP?

KirstyColt
09-03-17, 10:37
My diet is bad, I have been trying to lose weight since Jan and lost 10lb

He has scared the life out of me, I get a free health assessment with work so going tomorrow to see if I can get more information.

Thanks for coming back to me I really appreciate it xxx

---------- Post added at 10:37 ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 ----------

What is the next step reccomended by your GP?

He said I need to diet and scared me even more saying he might refer me to a gastro consultant for a liver biopsy .... I only went in to ask for a referral for reflux :ohmy: