PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety - new symptom

joeyr
08-03-17, 14:19
Hello everyone! Can I just ask about a new anxiety symptom I am having? I'm pretty sure it's anxiety, because it happens for a short time whenever I get stressed. I also have general anxiety, which I'm trying to ease, and doctors seem to always tell me all my symptoms relate to it, too! I've been to the doctor a few times about my heart but they've all said my heart is fine.

Recently, whenever I'm in an anxious moment (it happened yesterday when I was driving and I suddenly didn't know which way to go), I had this feeling of pressure coming up from my upper chest and into my throat and then it disappeared. It wasn't painful at all, kind of like the equivalent of stomach butterflies but up in the centre of my chest. I also felt the choking feeling in my throat for a while, which I know is from anxiety as doctors have checked that out, too, last summer. (I clench my jaw and for some reason unknowingly push my tongue to the roof of my mouth which causes tightness there). I can still feel a kind of pressure there today, but its much less.

Does anyone else get this? I'm seeing the Dr about something else on Friday so can mention it then, but in the meantime some reassurance might help ease my mind and stop it racing before then. I've had some family problems and these have caused me to feel anxious and take a step backwards with anxiety, but I think I can feel when it happens. I've been told by doctors not to worry about my heart but sometimes the worry still gets me.

Thank you :)

Lukas
08-03-17, 23:33
It sure sounds like it could be down to anxiety x

joeyr
09-03-17, 21:00
Thanks! Yes, I hope so. Amazing how many symptoms end up being related to it!