PDA

View Full Version : Knocking in neck/head with heart beat

Thelegend27
09-03-17, 02:16
Sometimes when i run up hill or stairs when i stop running i hear a knocking sound in my neck about where it connects to the skull and its even with my heart beat so i know my pulse has something to do with.

Growing up ive always had ear problems like a feeling they are stopped up and i had ear infections often as a kid.

My best guess was that maybe my ears are not draining properly and the tubes may be a little swollen from the fluids that could possibly press against an artery whenever my pulse rises those arteries may be pressing against those tubes and in return causing a knocking sound.

I have a doctors appointment on april 4th so I'll mention this to him and maybe get a neck xray or ct to see what the trouble is.

Have you guys ever experienced this or know anything about it? I tried to Google it like a dummy but couldn't get any results.

---------- Post added at 20:16 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

I forgot to mention i also have a ringing swooshing sound (blood flow) in my ears as well, tinnitus is what i came up with also several of my family members also have the ringing and swooshing sound.

soxxyrocks
09-03-17, 03:06
I've experienced this many times. Only after exerting myself a little bit, and usually only when I was already stressed about something. Typically it would go away within minutes. I never did much research into it, but I did mention it to a friend once who suggested that it was related to my blood pressure elevating for a short period of time. I will admit that they aren't a doctor, but it seemed to make sense to me at the time. :)