PDA

View Full Version : How do i accept this

ella32
09-03-17, 08:20
How do i accept that this is anxiety . This daily struggle with chest pain and chest pressure and other sensations that go in chest.i cant even count the amount of ecgs ive had done in the last year alone. Ive had a stress test which i didnt finish because of upper back pain but i did last just over 8 minutes on it and my heart peaked at 164 on it plus ive had an echocardiogram done which was normal in january . Im on medication and ive started counselling but im still thinking what im going through is heart related and im struggling to cope with it. Ive been to hospital too many times in the last year aswell so fighting the urge to go is hard . Everytime i speak to my gp he says its just anxiety and that i should know my heart is fine because of tests but the thing is for some reason i dont know my heart is fine because im unable to accept it. How can i be in pain like this even pain in arm and not have a heart issue when all my symptoms point to heart issue.

Charlie1108
09-03-17, 09:34
I feel the same. I have ectopic heartbeats which are relentless and I cannot accept my heart is fine despite the extensive testing. My dr promised me this is anxiety, but how can anxiety make you feel so bad? It's awful to worry about the heart all the time. I've also had countless ECGs and run to hospital all the time. I had a terrible night last night but managed to resist. Every time I go they tell me my ECGs are perfect. I'm scheduled for a 24 hour monitor any day so hopefully that'll be the end of it. Not feeling too hopeful though. It's made me depressed. x

ella32
09-03-17, 10:07
Its exhausting. I would give anything to believe the doctors and the tests I've had done just so I can have some peace from this.I thought that having tests done would help me to accept this but it hasn't because ii still doubt them. Anxiety has a firm grip on me at the moment