PDA

View Full Version : Sharp pain in jaw and elbow

StrangeQuark
09-03-17, 11:34
Hi everyone

I've been doing really well the past two months. Medication has been helping and overall I've been feeling much less anxious. Hurrah! However, since yesterday I've been having a strange new pain (because what would our lives be without a different weird and wonderful symptom every day?) and I'm mildly concerned about it. I haven't gone into a full-on HA spiral but the threat of it is looming.

The pain is in both my jaw and my elbow, on my right hand side. It's a sudden, sharp, electric-shock like pain that comes and goes in short bursts. I'm not going near Dr Google because I know anything to do with jaw/arm is going to tell me I'm having a heart attack (which is the nagging fear my anxious mind is moving towards). The pain feels very localised to a spot in my jaw and right in my elbow but also comes in both places at the same time so must be connected. I'm wondering could it be a pinched/irritated nerve or something?

I'm going on holiday to Thailand tomorrow so I'm a little bit concerned that this isn't going to go away and my long plane journey will be a nightmare with me worrying about this, and setting off a panic attack.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? It's a new one for me! Lucky me, eh? :D