PDA

View Full Version : Surgery tomorrow.. concerns

KatiePink
09-03-17, 18:59
Hi everyone.. Feel like I only come here lately to update and then bugger off, I've been trying to avoid the internet all together in all honesty. I've got my surgery tomorrow and just can't believe my bad luck that yesterday I developed a lot of pain in one side of my throat.
Today it's very bad there's a constant pressure on the front of my throat and pain when moving my head, I can only swallow things on one side as the other side feels written off, I feel like there's a lump or swelling but can't pinpoint where.

Anyway I'm concerned if I have an infection will this affect surgery, I would hate to have waited this long for it to be cancelled! Then again I wouldn't want to put myself at risk, I've really worked myself up for this and don't know if I could deal with waiting again.

If this is a sore throat I've never quite experienced anything like it, only on my left side and my neck is painful and swollen down the front and to the left. Any thoughts on what it could be?

Thanks guys and wish me luck for tomorrow, if they put me to sleep and wake me up fine I'll be so frigging happy!

Lukas
09-03-17, 19:10
Could be a sore throat or something tonsillitis, what time is your appointment tomorrow? you could always ring up your doctor or nurse beforehand and ask their opinions on it x
and good luck i'm sure you'll be fine x

Bigboyuk
09-03-17, 19:27
I agree with Lukas on this any concerns run this by your dr.consultant and I too wish you well do let us know how the op goes :) Cheers

Capercrohnj
09-03-17, 19:32
Good luck! I'm having major surgery soon too (just got my anesthesia appointment and cardiac workup appointment but haven't been told a surgery date yet) and I'm having the same fears as I have waited so long and worried my disease will flare up and it'll get postponed (also doesn't help that I have to be off my medication for 3 weeks at least)

Carnation
09-03-17, 21:48
Good Luck for tomorrow KatiePink x

BikerMatt
09-03-17, 21:59
All the best for tomorrow.

KatiePink
10-03-17, 17:46
I'm still alive!!! Yayyyyyyyy :)

Thankyou everyone, ended up having sedation and not general because of my avid reflux issues, I don't remember a thing though, they said I was awake but I may aswell have no been one minute I was there laughing next minute the anaesthesiologist is there asking me how I feel, I said "fine when are we going down" he said you're all done!
Strangest feeling ever, why are these people lying to me I thought! :roflmao:

Op was a success, no complications, although they noted my blood pressure was low when I came in and when I left, she said it could be normal because I'm young, 26 isn't really a child though! But anyway I feel okay, pain not too bad just feel groggy. So happy I overcame my fear and was brave and composed!

Time to celebrate with a cup of tea :roflmao:

Fishmanpa
10-03-17, 18:03
:yesyes: Great news!

Positive thoughts

pulisa
10-03-17, 18:06
Well done Katie! Glad it's all over for you!

Bigboyuk
10-03-17, 18:11
Excellent news ahh wonderful update :) Now put it behind you and enjoy your cuppa :yesyes::hugs:

KatiePink
10-03-17, 18:37
Good luck! I'm having major surgery soon too (just got my anesthesia appointment and cardiac workup appointment but haven't been told a surgery date yet) and I'm having the same fears as I have waited so long and worried my disease will flare up and it'll get postponed (also doesn't help that I have to be off my medication for 3 weeks at least)

Hope all goes well for you x

---------- Post added at 18:37 ---------- Previous post was at 18:36 ----------

Thanks guys I'm so chuffed, been a main cause of worry for some time now, glad it's done. X

Capercrohnj
10-03-17, 18:45
Awesome and thanks.

I'm having a colectomy (removal of colon) and permanent ileostomy and 3-6 months later removal of rectum. I have Crohn's disease and nasty fistulas that have been ruining my life and also in the Ha realm I will have 0% chance of colorectal cancer which is awesome because my risk is elevated because of the Crohn's!

Carnation
11-03-17, 00:33
You must feel so much better now that it is over KatiePink :yesyes: