PDA

View Full Version : Destructive path spiralling out of control....

Benjammin69
09-03-17, 19:20
hi all, anyone ever thought that they couldn't escape their own mind so they have started to lead themselves down a destructive path? I feel like I have not got control of my anxiety and depression, I have had numerous med changes recently and I am just getting used to a new med and coming off others, my anxiety and depression are winning, I'm off work, I ruminate all day about loosing control and taking an overdose, I even thought today are my thoughts voices? - I've been interviewed by the mental health team and psychiatrist and I told them I don't feel stable so they want to see me again in a week! Anyone else spiralled this deep and got out of it?

snowghost57
09-03-17, 20:17
Yep, get up and do something and stay focused. Sometimes I actually say what I'm doing out loud to myself, like I am washing dishes, I will wash this fork, the soap is warm and soothing. My therapist made me wear a rubber band and when my thoughts wandered I was to snap it and bring me back to where I am. The present. Hope I don't sound to far out there. I wish I had this site when I was spinning out of control.