PDA

View Full Version : Having a really tough time right now

Scared2death21
10-03-17, 00:28
For many months now I've been suffering from a basically constant gnawing pain under my right rib as well as a sort of belching sensation that feels like it originates from the same area. The gnawing is definitely worse on an empty stomach. Also as far as the burping it won't really come up unless I adjust my posture so that my right side is more stretched out, for instance raising my right arm and bringing it across my body. I also have a mucusy feeling all the way down the right side of my throat that can cause a chesty type cough. Food feels as if it gets stuck all the way down on that side as well. I feel a bit short of breath on the right side and when I ran on the treadmill I was doing fine at jogging speeds but once I went up to 7-8 mph it didn't take long for the right side of my chest to feel pretty uncomfortable. Kind of feels like when I drink a really fizzy drink. The last thing I'll mention is that my right nostril is usually clogged as well.

I'm only 21 and I'm terrified that I have a disease like LPR that isn't well understood that I'll suffer with for (hopefully) many years before it develops into cancer and kills me :(

nomorepanic
10-03-17, 00:39
Have you seen a doctor? It sounds like acid indigestion/reflux type sort of thing but I can't diagnose that obviously

Scared2death21
10-03-17, 00:59
Yes I tried nexium and carafate but they didn't seem to do much for me. I'm going back this Tuesday but I'm so afraid that even if it's something like gastritis that it's been so long that it has turned chronic :(

---------- Post added at 19:59 ---------- Previous post was at 19:55 ----------

Also I had an h pylori blood test that came back negative

Scared2death21
10-03-17, 19:26
sorry to bump but I'm a mess right now