PDA

View Full Version : Vision problems - just anxiety/tiredness? Help please!

xctx
10-03-17, 10:22
Hi Everyone,

I'm struggling terribly with health anxiety - I've been worried about having a heart attack, stroke, and now I'm worried about my vision. I feel like I'm having to blink a lot to focus, have floaters, and feel like I can't see properly (like my eyes are fuzzy). I woke up in the middle of the night last night and my vision was totally blurred and the blurriness didn't subside for c. 5 minutes, which totally freaked me out. I have hardly been sleeping over the past few months because my health anxiety has got so bad I get scared that something is going to happen to me in my sleep/I'm going to have a panic attack/I won't wake up so therefore don't know if my vision problems are simply from being so tired. Does anyone else have any similar experiences? It settles me to know people are feeling the same so I'd be really grateful to hear from anyone.

It might be worth mentioning I wear glasses for concentration tasks and work in an office sat at a computer all day. When I can't sleep (so every night) I watch TV/use my phone for hours so also not sure if my eyes are just totally strained and need a break.

Thank you SO much x

Clydesdale Epona
10-03-17, 11:05
It sounds like your eyes are just tired and strained, mine are always blurry at night and first thing in the morning and it can take a while to ease off, I don't think its anything dangerous x

All the best :hugs:

xctx
10-03-17, 11:45
Thank you! I'm sure it is, I just get so in my head and worked up when I start to feel 'strange' feelings in my body. I feel like health anxiety is taking over my life - when I feel calmer about my eyes I'll just end up convincing myself there's something wrong with another part of my body :( thanks for your response x