PDA

View Full Version : GAD as National Enquirer headlines

beatroon
10-03-17, 11:56
Hi all,

Cross-posting this from the OCD forum, but basically my therapist has suggested I approach my worries by reframing them as National Enquirer/similarly trashy rag headlines. And I'm finding it quite a fun exercise so wonder if it might help some others too.

So for example, for my HA worries (actually not that current but a good example):

'I KNEW I WAS RIGHT': LOCAL WOMAN SUFFERS FROM 150 APPALLING ILLNESSES AT ONCE DESPITE BEING GIVEN ALL-CLEAR BY GP

'I JUST KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG: TRAGIC BEATROON FACES LOSS OF ALL TOENAILS DUE TO INCREDIBLY RARE GENETIC TOENAIL-WILTING DISEASE'

PRIME MINISTER MAY TO DEBATE THE FATE OF TRAGIC BEATROON, THE FIRST PERSON IN THE UK TO BE DIAGNOSED WITH CANCER, HIV, ALS AND A FUNGAL TOENAIL INFECTION IN ONE YEAR

TRAGIC BEATROON: IS IT 'FAKE NEWS'? WHY THE SO-CALLED 'BRISTOL HYPOCHONDRIAC' MAY NOT BE ENTIRELY ON THE LEVEL…

etc etc etc.

Just thought some of you might find it fun as it's got me chuckling away!

pulisa
10-03-17, 13:51
Always good to use humour as a way of diffusing spiralling HA..if you can, that is.

Fishmanpa
10-03-17, 14:02
https://mark.trademarkia.com/services/logo.ashx?sid=78640169

"HA SUFFERER THROWS WAKE PRIOR TO IMAGINARY DEATH- SURVIVES!"

"NMS MEMBER WITH HEMORRHOIDS POSTS POO PICS AS PROOF OF BOWEL CANCER - TRIGGERS EMETOPHOBIA OUTBREAK!"

:)

Positive thoughts

Phuzella
10-03-17, 14:33
:D

MyNameIsTerry
10-03-17, 15:22
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Love them. It's a good diffusion or thought shifting technique too.

MNIT drains local streetlights of power and forces cars to turn right rather than left at junction. Uri Geller to lose last tour dates. Penn & Teller reported "stumped".

beatroon
10-03-17, 15:28
Haha - I love it. When you put it like that, we're all like superheroes in a Marvel comic! Thanks guys, reading everyone else's makes me see the funny side even more :)

pulisa
10-03-17, 19:48
On today's Jeremy Kyle Show..

Lie Detector Special!!

NHS Doctors Take A Live Polygraph Test-Are These HA Sufferers Really Ill? Tune In To Find Out Once And For All...

Fishmanpa
10-03-17, 23:06
https://mark.trademarkia.com/services/logo.ashx?sid=78640169

CANCEROUS MELANOMA TURNS OUT TO BE A FRECKLE - PATIENT STILL IN DISBELIEF!

PERSON NOT DYING OF ALS FAKES POSITIVE DIAGNOSIS FOR AFFIRMATION - BANNED FROM ALS FORUMS! - FRIENDS AND FAMILY NOT IMPRESSED -

:)

Positive thoughts

beatroon
11-03-17, 13:26
Woman believes getting off sofa today will result in panic attack and therefore death - short trip to fridge amazingly proves not to be fatal

MyNameIsTerry
11-03-17, 14:29
Woman believes getting off sofa today will result in panic attack and therefore death - short trip to fridge amazingly proves not to be fatal

SMEG partnered with the NHS IAPT services in new exposure therapy trial. Obesity increase reported in recovered panic disorder sufferers. :whistles:

beatroon
11-03-17, 17:34
Hahahahaa!

Lissa101
12-03-17, 10:20

Ha, sooooo many times!

beatroon
12-03-17, 12:30
***BREAKING NEWS****: SOMERSET WOMAN COPES WITH TRIP TO ALDI!!! MANAGES TO NOT HEAD-BUTT PENSIONER OUT OF THE WAY OF THE FROZEN PEAS; EVEN HELPS PREGNANT WOMAN PACK HER BAGS WITHOUT CRYING OR SWEARING

The unnamed Bristolian, 36, completed the heroic feat of a lap of the budget supermarket in just 23 minutes, in spite of the fatal condition which causes her to possibly drop dead in public spaces. Crowds waving banners and throwing flowers greeted her at the exit. Another world record attempt is planned for next week.