PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety seriously taking over me!!

omegamv6
10-03-17, 12:19
Can anxiety do the following: weird sensations under the tongue, feeling like something is stuck, tongue twitches, sometimes I feel my speech is slurred? I should say I am feeling all this as soon as I read about bulbar onset and I have not been the same since, constant worrying even a good Neurologist took one look and said you have serious anxiety, should I just start to relax now? :wacko:

Fishmanpa
10-03-17, 12:26
a good Neurologist took one look and said you have serious anxiety, should I just start to relax now? :wacko:

Yes... the ALS rabbit hole is not one to stick your head into!

Positive thoughts

omegamv6
10-03-17, 13:06
Can anxiety really do the physical things lm going through?

Ljj44577
12-03-17, 18:11
Anxiety hasn't really done that to me but anxiety makes my heart feel like it's beating fast, it makes me lose concern for anything, it makes my mind race, and it causes me to feel anger. What you're dealing with sounds like health anxiety. I struggled with health anxiety but it took several months for it to go away. Constantly getting reassurance may not help because you may still worry. But it is important to speak to anyone who has knowledge on the issue that you are worried about.

Just A Person
12-03-17, 20:36
I think anxiety can do those things.

More often, however, I think that a person has some strange sensation that means absolutely nothing but they become fixated on it and then cannot quit thinking about it. If you were to concentrate on your big toe for hours every day for a couple of weeks, I guarantee you that you would start to notice things that you never noticed before.