PDA

View Full Version : Head pressure

almamatters
10-03-17, 15:03
I'm suffering with head pressure almost daily at the moment, i am going through a bad time anxiety wise and wondered if this is a recognised anxiety symptom, it's not my sinuses to the best of my knowledge. I have mentioned it to my GP but he didn't say much either way. Thanks for reading.

MyNameIsTerry
10-03-17, 15:38
I suspect it will be, along with other things that may be conditions not to worry about.

I've had loads of "funny" heads from fog to feeling tension or like my head is full of something. It tends to come when I'm having blips so I've just put it down to anxiety.

I've been wondering though whether dehydration may play a part in mine?

nomorepanic
10-03-17, 16:25
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

almamatters
10-03-17, 16:56
Thanks Terry, yes I've also wondered a out dehydration amongst other things, it's a horrible sensation and sorry to hear you experience it as well. I have been quite bothered with it today so just wondered if others had had it. Thanks again for your reply.

Ditapage
12-03-17, 06:45
Does it feel painful like a headache or a pressure /fullness feeling? I get so many weird head symptoms, but I get one that I can only describe as "heady" like someone might feel with a flu. It's like a fullness in the head no pain.

almamatters
12-03-17, 07:36
Does it feel painful like a headache or a pressure /fullness feeling? I get so many weird head symptoms, but I get one that I can only describe as "heady" like someone might feel with a flu. It's like a fullness in the head no pain.

Hi, it's mainly a feeling of fullness not so much pain, it happens quite frequently at the moment , not sure why. Does make me feel quite uneasy to be honest, it's not a nice sensation. Thanks for your reply.

Ditapage
12-03-17, 10:14
Sounds familiar. I was surprised how disconcerting something painless can actually be. do you have tightness and tension in your neck and shoulders cause I suspect it can contribute to a feeling of pressure. A doctor told me fullness is usually a type of congestion and isn't concerning in the absence of other neurological symptoms. I sympathize , it's such a horrid feeling.

Wilburis
12-03-17, 11:02
Hi

At the start of my anxiety, the head presure wa one of my main symptom. It felt like I had a heavy weight pressing down on my head and like someone was squeezing my brains.

i hope youre Ok.

x

Annie0904
12-03-17, 11:07
I get this with anxiety too, have sat holding my head in my hands before as it has felt so bad like my head is going to explode.

almamatters
12-03-17, 20:29
Thanks Ditapage, Lizzie and Annie, I'm actually quite relieved that it can be a anxiety symptom, I have also discovered that it can be something you can get with depression.

I do have tension in my neck and shoulders Ditapage, this is a long term issue for me and it makes sense that this could be making my symptoms a lot worse. It is horrid and does in fact make my anxiety a whole lot worse when it happens.

Thanks Lizzie, sounds horrible how you describe your head pressure feelings, hope it wasn't a long term thing for you.

I sat and held my head on Friday Annie, really felt like it was going to split open with the pressure. I felt a lot better once I was home and had managed to calm myself down.

Thanks again. x

Wilburis
12-03-17, 20:42
Hi

I dont suffer with it any longer - it went after I went on medication.

I just have constant dizziness now :blush:

Did I read in one of your previous posts that you'd had an MRI?

I really hope it passes soon.

Best wishes xx

almamatters
12-03-17, 20:56
Hi Lizzie, yes I had an MRI in 2012, which seems a worryingly long time ago now! Thanks for the reply. :)

Glad the meds got rid of yours! x

zoe7
13-03-17, 01:28
Hello, I'm new to No More Panic and I seen your post. I have been having a hard time recently with my anxiety and it's all to do with head pressure/fullness. It's mainly on both sides of my head, almost like someone has their hands pushing in on my head but, it's not painful, more annoying. It has made me quite lightheaded at times too. I've been told it is all the common signs of a tension headache which are very common for someone with anxiety.

MyNameIsTerry
13-03-17, 05:26
Thanks Terry, yes I've also wondered a out dehydration amongst other things, it's a horrible sensation and sorry to hear you experience it as well. I have been quite bothered with it today so just wondered if others had had it. Thanks again for your reply.

I know what you mean, Alma. Sometimes it has really got to me too. It's such a strange feeling.

I would get dizzy walking upstairs or feel strange after certain types of meals (mainly heavy potato based ones and sometimes cheese too).

I've had the brain zaps and cotton wool heads when withdrawing from meds before and some of it feels the same.

I remember thinking it was like my head was expanding. The congestion Dita mentioned is obvious now I think about it, like with colds. But I wonder about things like muscular tension or whether there are even blood pressure possibilities. The latter because of that strange expanding sensation, but I don't have a clue about BP.

I can understand what you & Annie say about having your head in your hands. It's made me feel like pressing on my eyes.

Are there are other triggers like food? I was getting daily headaches for months a couple of years back and learned combining ham with cheese, especially more mature cheese, it's a migraine trigger. Cutting that combination out reduced the level of those headaches quite quickly.

Maybe even exposure to light? Or poor lighting? Or eye strain?

almamatters
13-03-17, 18:04
I know what you mean, Alma. Sometimes it has really got to me too. It's such a strange feeling.

I would get dizzy walking upstairs or feel strange after certain types of meals (mainly heavy potato based ones and sometimes cheese too).

I've had the brain zaps and cotton wool heads when withdrawing from meds before and some of it feels the same.

I remember thinking it was like my head was expanding. The congestion Dita mentioned is obvious now I think about it, like with colds. But I wonder about things like muscular tension or whether there are even blood pressure possibilities. The latter because of that strange expanding sensation, but I don't have a clue about BP.

I can understand what you & Annie say about having your head in your hands. It's made me feel like pressing on my eyes.

Are there are other triggers like food? I was getting daily headaches for months a couple of years back and learned combining ham with cheese, especially more mature cheese, it's a migraine trigger. Cutting that combination out reduced the level of those headaches quite quickly.

Maybe even exposure to light? Or poor lighting? Or eye strain?

Hi Terry, I think a lot of the things you have mentioned play a part in head pressure, the blood pressure one is a common cause, my BP is normal as is my eye sight . The food sensitivity is a possibility with me , could be dairy related or gluten I suppose.

My Dr didn't seem bothered, said that as i suffer with GAD he thought it could be related to that but I have had GAD for about 20 years and can't remember having this particular sensation before, apparently could even be a hormonal thing.

I remember also having the brain zaps when coming off pregabalin, very weird feeling but luckily short lived.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. :)

Wilburis
21-03-17, 14:08
Hi

How are you feeling now?

Any better?

xx