PDA

View Full Version : New to the group!

Queenfan85
10-03-17, 15:40
Hi everyone, I am new here! Hail from the great state of Connecticut! Stumbled upon this site when I was reading an article about having anxiety about traveling. I am hoping I can talk with other people who have similar issues such as mine. I certainly have anxiety, and I feel its gotten worse as I’ve gotten older (I am almost 32). Its situational anxiety. I get anxious traveling out of state or when going to a concern; sometimes I feel it when at restaurants. I started taking some medication that has seemed to help quite a bit…I also have Trichotillimania, which means I pick out my hair. I have been doing this since I was 12. It hasn’t stopped, that’s for sure. I know I need to see a therapist but I haven’t gone just yet. My doctor gave me some tips to help anxiety. And when I am anxious you’ll find me with lavender or peppermint essential oils in my hands..LOL. Its tough, because my boyfriend wants to travel and Im deathly afraid to fly or travel a long distance. Its just hard and sometimes I think it’s a deal breaker for him when it comes to getting married because I wont travel right now. I hope it wont be a deal breaker but I don’t know…Anyways, that’s my anxiety story!:)

snowghost57
10-03-17, 15:44
Welcome! I'm in Virginia. I have general anxiety and I am taking Zoloft that has helped me a great deal. We can get through this!

Queenfan85
10-03-17, 15:48
Thanks for the welcome! I take Paxil and it seems to be helping. My boyfriend definitely feels like it has helped!

venusbluejeans
10-03-17, 15:51
Hiya Queenfan85 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Queenfan85
10-03-17, 15:53
Thanks, I will! I just noticed this is a UK site..Is it okay for an American to be here? :D

snowghost57
10-03-17, 16:45
I've been here since last week and I see other Americans here. It's just a different time zone and some of the terms I'm not familiar with. I enjoy this site.

Bigboyuk
10-03-17, 18:13
HI and :welcome: aboard Queenfan85 Enjoy the site :)

Fear-Not
15-03-17, 22:47
I like the fact that we can go global with our Anxiety!! Queenfan I am just about to go overseas on my holidays and I am PETRIFIED - I am always the same. Shaking and weeping and generally making a show of myself in front of everyone! Sometimes I think I should just stay at home but I can't bear the thought of Anxiety ruling that part of my world too!

Welcome to the forum - you are in great company!!