PDA

View Full Version : Amitriptyline 10mg Help with side effects please

Annie0904
11-03-17, 11:45
I have been taking amitriptyline for 8 days now and feeling like I am in a trance most of the time, just staring into space. Feeling kind of numb too. Has anyone else had this and did it wear off?

Magic
11-03-17, 14:42
Hi Annie, I have taken my first box of 10mg and. I still feel a bit dazed in the mornings. I am persevering with them as my aches and pains are feeling better.
I have taken many different sorts of medications over the years and have had to come off them because of side effects. It's trial and error I suppose.
All the best x

Annie0904
11-03-17, 14:58
I just think I must be one of the people who doesn't tolerate medication very well :( I just need something to work. I totally feel like a zombie today. I went out shopping with my parents yesterday to help them look for a new sofa and it was the longest I have been out of the house since last November so that may be making me worse today.

Magic
11-03-17, 15:04
:bighug1:For you Annie x

Annie0904
11-03-17, 15:46
Thank you :hugs:

Annie0904
12-03-17, 10:56
I have decided to stop taking them :( I am staring into space, mixing up words and my face feels like I have had anesthetic at the dentist. My arms are aching and tingling and my skin has hardly any sensation to touch.

panic_down_under
13-03-17, 04:47
I have decided to stop taking them :( I am staring into space, mixing up words and my face feels like I have had anesthetic at the dentist. My arms are aching and tingling and my skin has hardly any sensation to touch.

Are you sure it is the antidepressant and not your mind creating these side-effects? 10mg is a tiny dose, the usually pediatric starting dose is 10mg, 3 times a day plus 20mg at night, i.e. 50mg/day.

Annie0904
13-03-17, 12:21
I haven't taken them the last 3 nights and feeling much better. I checked and the symptoms I had were listed as side effects. I have had bad side effects to every anti depressant I have tried so guess they are not suited to me.
With amitriptyline being tricylic I had been more confident about taking it as I had dosulipin in the past and was fine with it but it is no longer prescribed.

karenp
25-03-17, 11:06
I'm on 75mg of Amitriptyline now and the only side effect I get is dry mouth and constipation. I've had so little anxiety since going on this dose but do feel mentally anxious at the minute as I've just moved and worried over bills as I am still on sick pay. I've been so ill I've been with my parents for over a year. But this drug has been amazing for me and the side effects weren't bad at all in comparison to SSRI's which I find horrific to start up. Good luck xx

mary jane
07-06-17, 21:07
I have been taking amitriptyline for 8 days now and feeling like I am in a trance most of the time, just staring into space. Feeling kind of numb too. Has anyone else had this and did it wear off?
I recently restarted the ami after a long break, I have to take it for pain.
The side effects settle after 3 4 weeks if you increase the dosage. If you just stay with 10 mg in 2 weeks you will notice the side effects decreasing as you get used to it. It can make you feel like "the living dead" or emotionally numb.

If you take it for even longer, like a few months you will experience no side effects at all ...
but of course everyone is different :)

karenp
17-06-17, 06:27
I'm on 150mg now for anxiety and depression. The only side effects I've had is a really dry mouth but that's subsiding now. Other than that it has really given me my life back/ I still have the odd bad day and as I only increased from 100mg to 150mg 3 weeks ago, I still wake up feeling low and anxious but it can wear off within minutes now; just not quite there yet but 10mg is/was a tiny dose. I remember when I first took Ami, I slept for 18 hours, now my sleep is normal but I was suffering with terrible insomnia before I took this meds xxx

Cassi
23-05-18, 11:34
Hi Annie, I know its been a while since you posted. My side effects sound just like yours. Are you still on them?

Ethansmom
25-05-18, 15:40
I'm just wonder how this drug differs from Clominiprine. Which is best for anxiety and panic disorder?

Annie0904
12-07-18, 13:04
I gave up with the amitriptyline and went back to dosulipin which works for me.

Bluetoffee1878
31-07-18, 22:18
Amitriptyline can give you these side affects, I’m on 20mg and started on 10 for 1 week going up to 20. I felt like a zombie, dizzy, Panicked, tired, dry mouth, sickly but I also suffer anxiety and panick and I think that made the symptoms worse! I started exercising more and using mints for the dry mouth, as I started to exercise I took the dose down to 15 and this took away all of the symptoms.

WiseMonkey
01-08-18, 05:12
You could try Doxepin 10mgs (which is a cousin of Ami) just to be sure it's not all tricyclics. It has no side effects on me but it is a very small dose.