PDA

View Full Version : Post-virus dizziness/malaise/numbness

AstroJ
11-03-17, 12:30
I posted a couple of days ago about a fever that came out of the blue with a very high heart rate (160+).

The fever only lasted 24 hours with no other symptoms apart from a bit of a sore throat and a swollen lymph node in neck. However, I am left 3 days later feeling incredibly dizzy, seeing stars and generally feeling weak. It feels a little like I am drunk. I am also having pins and needles and numbness in my fingers and feelings of severe depression/loneliness/doom. This is quite alarming because low mood has never been a problem for me.

My health anxiety is all relating to my heart so this has taken me by surprise a little bit but I'm trying to exercise the same rational thinking that I have learnt through therapy.

Just for a little reassurance though because these symptoms are all new to me: Is this just normal after a bad illness? Is my body just recovering or should I be making a GP appointment?

I've also had no appetite and have been forcing myself to get a few pieces of toast and bananas down, so I'm a little concerned that these symptoms are a result of malnutrition.