PDA

View Full Version : Sore Throat, possible causes

NotCool
11-03-17, 14:53
Hi.

Went to the doctor the other day to get tetanus boosters. In the waiting room there were a few people, including a lady that was coughing. So I got the boosters, since it's been 12 years I had to get one shot in each arm, plus I have to go there in 1 month again.

So my arm was quite painful for 2 days, but nothing dramatic. Yesterday, 2 days ago I went for a run, and the wind was blowing. In the evening my throat started to itch and swallowing became painful.

Today my throat hurts, swallowing is more painful than yesterday, and it keeps me wondering what happened to me.

Obviously many scenarios run through my head - did that lady in the waiting room (or someone else) infect me? Is it result from yesterdays run? Is it a late side effect of the boosters? Is it a combination of temporary compromised immune system (from vaccine), that lady and my run? What do you think?

Such is life with health anxiety. :)

Cakelady
11-03-17, 15:00
H/a is a curse!
Most likely a virus, could have come from anywhere. Wouldn't over stress about it though, I find drinking warm water with honey & lemon helps with sore throats & colds etc. xx

Toaster
11-03-17, 19:07
Are sore throats not common or something? I get a sore throat 5+ times a year. I never question where it came from because its a sore throat and I'm 27 and its unlikely to be anything at my age.