PDA

View Full Version : Stinging skin around armpit

LuSmith
11-03-17, 23:29
Hey there,

I'm really worried atm because the skin under and around my armpit has become really really sore... to the point it stings when I move it or if it rubs on something. I've had a swollen lymph node for about 6-7 months because of a skin infection which I got checked out at a breast clinic and was told was likely just due to that but it's never normally caused me any problems or been painful.

Well, for some reason the last couple of days it's becoming more and more tender and painful.. my skin infection has sliiiightly returned recently, which could be a reason for the flareup perhaps but I've been trying to treat that with cream and the lymph node was never painful before.

So I'm not sure if it's the lymph node or the skin itself. Or perhaps even an allergy to something.

Part of me is worrying that it could be a sign of hyperthyroidism as I have a lot of the symptoms that point to it, but I couldn't get a blood test anytime soon and I'm going on holiday in 2 weeks.

Anyone have any ideas what it could be?? I'll try and get a doctors appointment on monday if i can but i'm super worried if it's infected that it'll get worse over the next 24 hours.